Super glue for finger cuts?

Just wondered if anyone has ever used standard super glue to stick cuts on their skin ? I’m thinkIng quick repair whilst working/building

3 Likes

Works great but leaves scars. Originally, it was invented for field medics

2 Likes

Do it all the time at work. Packing a deep cut with black pepper will help stop the bleeding too.

9 Likes

Yes if it looks like it needs 2 or 3 stitches glue will suffice. That and I don’t want to bleed everywhere for a week.

1 Like

there’s this spray on shit by elastoplast. they’re called spray on bandaids images%20(10) works great lol

1 Like

I use this , basically medical super glue - used for years

Germolene New Skin Liquid Plaster 2x20ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ES10MXC/

I did this on a deep cut to.the bone and it healed up nicely. I’ve gotten worse scars from stitches.

3 Likes

Well I have just tried it with the standard hobbie super glue it seem ok, let’s see how the day lasts. I get cracked skin in the winter, that’s what it’s for, I’ve tried all sorts of creams but ended up just using plasters( band aid) for a quick relief . The superglue feels good at the moment :+1:

1 Like

Super glue may be a bit excessive for cracked hands.

I’d try spray on or liquid bandaid. It works wonders.

Super glue also works great on s toilet seat if your roommate drinks your last beer. Time it right and you’re good to go

6 Likes

We call it, “Dermabond” here at the hospital. It works amazingly well.

1 Like

For a less dangerous but equally annoying solution just put sachets of sauces underneath the seat stands on the toilet seat.

3 Likes

bit of a myth there – they were trying to make gunsights:

1 Like

That’s what it was originally invented for. So, yes :slight_smile:

Well it didn’t last long on my cracked skin. Applied it a couple of times but didn’t hold for long. Probably because it was on the end of my finger.

SUPRASORB-F for PIZZAS!

Don’t tell me you’ve done this… I want to hear more.

I was sharpening my knife one day, and it fell off the table. Clipped my knee on its way down. Cut so deep I could see fat tissue. Superglue ftw 1544161806187834974604188068986 Edit: the culprit:20181206_215247 edit edit: name that knife! It’s a special one.

4 Likes

@PatRocks It’s a benchmade but I don’t know the model

1 Like

I just use painters tape… Also that liquid bandage in a spray is helpfull as well