Street skating/tricks

Who else likes street skating and not just riding a luxury sedan on skate wheels? Not that many threads on it out there. I’ve been skating 25 years and am just too old to take any more damage so I just cruise now but I still like doing the basic tricks. My board is a whole lot heavier but I can ollie up smaller curbs, drop off curbs and can manual for as long as my battery lasts. It looks pretty dope doing a manual up a hill. Plus, I have total control. the one instant difference when I use a common eboard is that I can’t turn! I don’t know how you guys do it out on the streets but I need a tail and a nose on my shit.
I’ve tried hub motors on street decks and it was pretty dope. The only problem is that the wheels are too damn big. If anyone knows of hub wheel motors out there smaller than 75 hit me up.20181104_003714

4 Likes

I would like to see that or as they say “video or it did not happen”. I used to skate short trick boards a lot back in high school, never was very good at it but I liked it and could land a few tricks and manual for decent distances. I can’t see myself ollie that heavy longboard though it does not even have a tail maybe I should build a short deck with hubs too, might be fun.

2 Likes

The problem is if you want something to go up and down curbs and you end up going with Hub Motors you’re going to beat the living crap out of your motors.

3 Likes

Hahaha ok maybe not that long. I’ve never done any distance test. But if you skate, you know that when manualing, you can reach a comfort point where the only thing that will stop you is your momentum and speed. You can get that same comfort point with powered boards.

1 Like

Yeah the urethane or rubber outer material wore out way too fast.

I do think I saw someone trying to make a pulley adaptable to zombie wheels tho landyachtz-mini-zombie-hawgs-70mm-78a-blue-skateboard-wheels-slide-freeride-longboard-sale-15993-p 70mm

5 Likes

Yes! Thanks dude:metal:

Was it @Sapphirinia?

Can’t remember. Read to many random things

Yes it was her

1 Like

That is a filthy dirty little bastard of a board right there. True function over form. Use it till something falls off…replace bit that fell off…repeat… I love it!
Needs to be in that thread with that old kicker of yours @b264

1 Like

Haha thanks man! she’s raw and rough. Many a time have my batteries fallen off sending me through the air but I love building them so I can’t have anything too permanent because I will end up taking it apart! 20181104_082934

2 Likes

I’ve been skating for 40 years give or take a few years. I’m 51 bitch.

5 Likes

Bullshit you fuckin pussy. And if you are, you’re one sad mouthbreathing dumbfuck. You’re prob a little white boy too I bet hahahahah.

2 Likes

Why are you trying so hard? What’s the point? What are you trying to prove? Grow the fuck up.

6 Likes

Sounds like you failed at building and are trying to insult your way out of your own loss. Keep trying bud, I’m rooting for you! Here to help if you need any advice.

6 Likes

he is very clearly black :joy:

and you’re an ass

6 Likes