Street Carve / Kaly 6374 190Kv / MBS 110 / Ollin VESC/ 12S4P

That is true @hexakopter and thank you for sharing this detail for sub 50% duty cycle. As I stated my explanation was a bit simplified. I was referring to the total amount of power you can squeeze out of your system, since I thought @Eboosted was hoping to gain more total amount of power, full on at speed. In that case the lowest value or weakest part of the chain is pretty much the limiting factor. Have you tried the new throttle curves yet?

Frank

Well in my case I was not shooting for only more power at high speed, Iā€™m looking to increasee the overall pwerformance on the setup een though I could only increase at 50% DC or less.

Right now Iā€™m runing 80A motor max -65 motor min (regen), braking is perfect now acceleration is pretty good as well, Iā€™ll try lowerering motor max to 65A to see any differences and will report back.

1 Like

Wow this looks awesome. Totally new to this as I purchased a prebuilt inboard m1 but I see that I can get a far cooler board when building it myself. This is next on my shopping list since the inboard canā€™t take me up hills :S

@Eboosted So did you actually noticed any differences when lowering Motor Max ?

Sorry I still havenā€™t tested it. I might today after work

Oh okā€¦I was just curious ā€¦I have just set my motor max to 80a as well but itā€™s raining now. Iā€™ll see if there is any difference between 60a and 80a. I have Carvon v2.5 Single Hub - 85kv.

1 Like

Looking damn nice. What battery enclosure are you using ?

Thx The enclosure i build :slight_smile:

Hi there Kalyā€¦love your builds! Please allow me to make an off topic question.

Iā€™ve seen you have built both Trampa and MBS mountain boards. And have used both Trampa vertigo trucks and the newer MBS matrix II. Can i get you opinion on which decks and trucks you prefer?

Iā€™m just an old school street skater and Iā€™ve never ridden a mountain board so i have no idea what to expect from either types of setup.

@Ronny_CTS IMO the 2 system are great the main difference when it comes to riding is the clearance height the matrix 2 are carvy but the straight axel makes the deck be around 1 inch higher than the Trampa, this ha good for off-road trucks but at high speeds becomes a problem.

also the deck on the Trampa if chosen properly is just great, the pop and energy recovery is great, saves my knees.

Either way is a good choice, I advise to lean on the Trampa because is easier to source parts.

2 Likes

Iā€™m only seeing a difference in height of about 1/4" between Trampa and MBS trucks.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the input @Kaly and @benjammin.

That image is great! A guess the only downside for the MBS trucks is that you canā€™t run regular skateboard wheels like abec 11 flywheels because of the 12mm axle diameter.

1 Like

Nice pic :slight_smile: You are using a Trampa deck on both boards, the difference will be when you look sideways, on a flat surface measure the height at the bend of the deck.

1 Like

@Kaly what kind of speeds do you get on your board and how stable is it?

Iā€™m used to street skateboards with kick tails so longboards arenā€™t really appealing to me unless they have a kick tail. However by mounting the motors underneath a kicktail deck iā€™m afraid i might hit them when going up sidewalks and what not.

A mountain board with feet bindings might solve this for me and let me drive around like a crazy man jumping stuff. Still havenā€™t decided on what to do.

The Street Carver can reach up to 34mph and is pretty stable on 97 urethane, On the pneumatics is fun but you will not want to push it that hard, its more better for light to medium off-roading, also by using bindings the stability can be drastically improve.

For pneumatics I am currently using an XL version by using a Holypro deck, Ultimate Hangers and evolve 7" tires without bindings, this combine with some spacers to reduce the wheel base provides the best combination of stability and maneuverability at high speeds for my frame 6ā€™1" 208Lbs.

I have been able to go full throttle for a continuous 1.75-2.00 miles with full control all the way even when flying by pavement cracks, waves and small holes. Hands down best board I have build or tested for MIX CITY USE, excuse the modesty :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: second to no other board out there, for itā€™s intended use.

On the other hand if you want a respectable street performance and a monstrously off-road performance plus CRAZY FUN you will be better suited by an eMTB with 8" wheels 190Kv motors and battery on top. This will get you a dirt bike performance, being able to jump over manholes, small trunks and off boulders at any park, if your knees can handle the punishment :smiling_imp: Plus the bindings are more forgivable hence any wobble and allows for a smaller turning radius.

P.S The XL deck is great if you are +6 feet tall otherwise is just too big.

13 Likes

The Matrix II truck uses a plastic top truck. These were used on MTB trucks by MBS and Scrub years back. The plastic is very cheap to produce! The downside was the play that came after a short period of time. The bushing seats for the kingpin got oval sooner than later and the plastic snapped.

We had the idea to make a crazy shaped top truck from alloy, which goes through 4 production steps, is heat treatment and finally anodized or powder coated, so it can be send back to the CNC factory to do the nice cutouts, exposing the 6061T6 alloy. This design is bullet proof and very nice to look at. So MBS made the Matrix I, which was a copy of our design, not as nice, but it worked. Matrix II made us sell a lot more of our trucksā€¦

If you look at Trampa truck you will see a lot of nice details:

• Spring retainers with specially shaped stainless inserts. This prevents the adjusters to poke through. The Matrix used a washer, which was a nightmare to assemble.
  • 5 Dampas with different shore hardness
  • Forged hangers and heat treated 6061T6 alloy.
  • extreme tough axle steel, not the cheap standard stuff you will also find in concrete ceilings.
  • hollow axles
  • A4 stainless nuts and bolts as standard
  • bushings in different sizes to eliminate any play
  • Titanium options for sea water resistance
  • Tons of colour options
  • all spare parts always available (we sell every single bit as individual parts)

MTB trucks are under massive strain! Good trucks make all the difference in performance. You donā€™t want to have any play or weakness in the system.

Frank

Iā€™m still only coming up with a little over a 1/4 inch difference.

I love the look of these enclosures you have going btw. Looks pretty shit with the batteries on top imo.

@trampa Good to know about the bushing seats. I am getting quite a bit of play along the kingpin on both matrix and Trampa which is a little concerning. I do hope you guys take note of some of things MBS did here when it comes time to revamp though, e.g., straight grinding surface/better clearance, greater range of adjustability on the looser settings (thereā€™s a giant gulf between yellow dampas, and straight springs), and being able to adjust from the bottom is big plus when mounting ESCs etc. on the tip.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for your input guysā€¦much appreciated! And congrats on the awesome builds! Really inspiring!

2 Likes

I like your setup. How can I get a set of your motor mounts?

Dual set of motor mounts are $140.00 Dual AT pulley kit 62/16T with belt. $100.00 Dual STREET insert pulley kit 40T with belt $80.00

3 Likes