Street Carve / Kaly 6374 190Kv / MBS 110 / Ollin VESC/ 12S4P

Nice man, that was a great afternoon :slight_smile:

Up here, still wet maybe tomorrow will be good.

Just had chance to ride around the block testing the updated receiver on the V2 nano remote.

Jury still out for me on the nano, I tried it for a day with stock configuration and did not like the throw on accelerator so went back to 2.4 mini remote. Probably just my thumb though so will give it another try at some point with proper vesc configuration. Have two vesc 6 coming, maybe that will wake me up to do some experimenting again!

1 Like

Kaly, Iā€™m totally hook up with your Street Carve - 6374 - MBS 110 - VESC - 12S4P board since I saw a similar in YT that you built. Iā€™m from SF and pretend to build one just like yours. Kudos.

1 Like

Nice I can provide the mounts and pulleys

1 Like

Yes, I saw the mounts you are offering plus the 6374 Kaly motors. Would love to get those. Already saw the street carver at Trammpa page. SF Will be a great testing ground. Owning a car here its a nightmare, pĆ”rking its impossible, street pĆ”rking prices to the roof, public transportstion is everywhere, (bike, sk8) conmute its a must. DIY e board its the solutiĆ³n Iā€™ve been looking for. Got hills everywhere but also lots of flat terrain. City is very small, 7 miles x 7 miles perfect square. Just the right size to squezze the Street Carve / 6374 / 12S4P potencial to the limit.

What bms are you using? Iā€™m planning to build a 12s1p a123 26650 build and Iā€™m finding a bms that suits. Does this suits? Also how did you manage to get the wheels coz I find it hard to buy them

You will love it! Frank

1 Like

The BMS I recommend is this one http://www.batterysupports.com/36v-60a-12s-12x-32v-lifepo4-battery-bms-lfp-pcm-smt-pcb-system-p-251.html

The wheels are back I stock right now.

1 Like

Check the range test for the 6355 -230Kv dual

If the weather permits Iā€™ll redo it this weekend and record it

6 Likes

The voltage stated is 36V(3x36V) rather than 38.4(3X3.2) for 26650, which paused me from buy-in gone of them. Whereare you buying the wheels from?

I have a couple of best tech BMS 80A with push button I had mix results with them so far. I had them preprogrammed for A123 if you want to give them a try Iā€™ll check how many I got and can give it 2 for $80.00, maybe you have better luck than I did.

But still have to check if I still have them.

1 Like

Your range is astounding man, Iā€™m re figuring my battery setup to get a better range. I may be under power 4x[4s 5ah] 2in parallel to a vesc.

2 for $80? May I have it? by push button do you mean spark switch? Here in uk we still donā€™t have it for some reason. Ill ask them coz even germany has them

By push button I mean the wires to install a switch.

The spark switch I really do not like to use.

1 Like

The lipos are good but not too versƔtil to work with them.

I rode with some of the guys yesterday and your name came up quite a bit with some of the evolve guys to have you make them a battery pack. Iā€™m thinking of leaning that way myself or buy a couple of bigger batteries and open them up to make a flat pack, 3 - 4 layers.

For The evolve battery I need a sacrificial lamb in order to test what chemistry is that pack and what settings the BMS has, also the uart port has to be inspected.

Kaly have you ever had any problems with the Core cracking on your MBS wheels ?

So far no. Did one of your wheel is broken ?

Mine cracked with 90mm clones.