STOLEN: Evolve Carbon All Terrain

Tile isn’t super viable for an esk8, I’m putting one in mines since i’m always near my board but in terms of getting stolen, I don’t see anyone carrying an esk8 slow enough for any connection to be made. And even then it’s an esk8, if they have the remote their busing away faster than anyone can identify them. and if they don’t have the remote it’s worse since they’re probably going to sell it off.

I wish their was a long term gps solution but good ones either require a subscription or die within weeks.

Get an old iPhone, put it in the enclosure and hook it up to the battery so the phone charges when the board is on, install “Find my iPhone” and BAM!

1 Like

If they don’t have it they aren’t moving very fast. If they do have it, you’d be surprised how stupid thieves can be when they think they got away with something. Especially if what they stole is fun to ride. I got my bike stolen 2 years ago. For sure thought guy sold it after 3 months. I shit you not, i saw my bike locked up outside A buger place 2 blocks from where it was stolen. I just waited outside after calling the police. Im not saying the tile is a for sure thing. But anything helps. Thieves are not always the sharpest.

True but it’s not like your walking around with a big ole board. they’ll be at home (lets be honest if your stealing a board you’ll have a car ready to jet) , where the chances of a passerby with the tile app penetrating his home is the chances of seeing a killer whale in the desert.

True True True

But a tile will work less with them flying around. You’re betting on the chances that they’ll stop at a red light and that someone who so happens to have the tile app AND not have their phone in power saver mode to detect the tile in the board.

I feel you man , just don’t want people thinking tile are as viable for esk8’s as they are for wallets. Usually you walk around with a wallet, not very likely the case with esk8’s much less 15lbs+ ones

I live downtown and the tile app totally works walking by my apartment.

Ive never put my phone on power saving mod. And idk about you.but i go places on my board. And you know stop to eat. Talk on my phone, shop, take a piss, smoke a blunt.

As i said. Its not a for sure thing. But a $20 piece of plastic that increases my chances of finding it by even 10% is woth it to me.

3 Likes

Not yet :frowning:

Yes, but it can get within 45m of anyone’s phone that has a Tile. Not just your phone. Someone can drive by with a Tile and it will ping you that yours has been spotted.

2 Likes

Really, that’s nice. Just read the things noticed in the specs. Didn’t know about that feature.

2 Likes

The tile might be good in a big city like my L.A. but out here in small towns they would suck and so would gps if its not on a good signal still pretty good idea.

Sounds like you’re describing @Mikenopolis

5 Likes

Damn @Mikenopolis, I wouldve loaned yo one of my boards. More than the theft, I just don’t wanna see you on an evolve :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Lanky, mid to late 20’s? ahhhh Dave, don’t make me blush…no heavy accent, just heavy

4 Likes

They never mentioned cheeks!!! Cant be you!

2 Likes