STOLEN: Evolve Carbon All Terrain

there are gps trackers wich work on gsm signal from a sim card, like 20$ and you just need to keep your sim card from deactivation in croatia its 2 years and you can top up like a 1$ idk whats it like where you live

realtime data and everything just send an sms to it

Mikey, I have now flagged two of your posts. You need to stop putting people down. It was his decision to let him ride the board and thatā€™s over with. If you keep posting such negative things everywhere the amazing mods here will give you a pretty hefty ban.

Sure. Iā€™ll reframe from my honesty.

Probably best I just stop talking to people xD.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not trying to be mean to you, I just think it would be better if you kept some of your opinions to yourself.

Weā€™re going back to third grade: If you donā€™t have anything nice to say, donā€™t say anything at all

To Mikey : Constructive criticism is always helpful to others, but just plain old rudeness isnā€™t.

This guy was trying to sell his board, and of course people are going to ask for a test ride. Most people test ride a car before buying, for example.

And to add to what @GrecoMan said : Look before you leap.

Sorry to heard that! I will keep an eye on that, if he come back to china with you board, I will inform you.

3 Likes

It was on slow mode (12mph still quick at a 5 minute running mile though) and yes, in hindsight there are a few changes I would definitely make.

Live and learn

Update: I have followed up with PD and there is not an ETA on when theyā€™ll have finger print or video evidence.

On a brighter note, the way my renterā€™s insurance is structured, it did cover off site property. I was able to provide the police report, all the information I had and they decided it met the requirements for coverage less a dedictible.

Let this be a cautionary tale, GET RENTERS INSURANCE IF YOU DONā€™T HAVE IT ALREADY. Policies range anywhere from $100-$250 a year depending on your area and coverage preferences.

I feel slightly better that Iā€™m not out all the money but I am still furious about the theft. Iā€™m actively checking classified sites and if you all could continue to keep your eyes open, I would appreciate it.

Thank you all for the support (and criticism). Itā€™s a thread like this that remind me how many good people are in this hobby and I wonā€™t let one a55hole ruin that.

5 Likes

Good to hear!

I hate to say this thoughā€¦but knowing the Asian community in Cali and how those kind of thieves operateā€¦you might not see the board posted in the classifieds. I find it completely wrong, but I have relatives that buy stolen merchandise, just to save a buck, and donā€™t care if itā€™s stolen. Thereā€™s a network of people who do this bull and itā€™s word-of-mouth.

Heckā€¦some will fake the asian accent just to dupe people too.

No but it certainly is a learning lesson. We all have a ripoff because of some POS at some point, all you can do is learn just how silly you were to have this happen in the first place and learn from itā€¦

Ive had a skateboard stolen to me in this exact same manner when i was 12. Wasnt able to skate again for another 7 years because of $$$. But i didnt care, especially because i realizedā€¦ yeah letting him ride around the lot seemed like a great idea at first.

or Like how i bought a liftboard thinking i was making a good investment.

Like he said live and learnā€¦ learn to laugh at yourself lifes not that serious.

I get why you blocked my comment though, i guess im just used to people who can take criticism. hence why ill stop talking now.

p.s. the other comment i admit was personal xDā€¦

I guess it would be accurate enough of them to sell it as a boosted board

1 Like

Of course it is a learning lesson. The biggest mistake one could make at this point is to NOT learn from this experience and be better prepared next time.

Constructive criticism is pointing out something done wrong or not as well as it could be and then offering some advice of how to go about it a better way for next time.

I have a friend got stolen a cell phone a year ago, pretty much the same way you did. he put a 100rmb reward on the city local forum (China Guangzhou), after 3 days, he got the thief.

1 Like

This is the best story ever. I wouldve laughed so hard I wouldve crashed as i rode away.

So sorry to hear thatļ¼Œu guys are so good that u didnā€™t turn this into a racist thingļ¼Œi m a student from Chinaļ¼Œi feel shame for this Mtfker, hope the police catch this Mtfker and kick the shit out of his ass!

4 Likes

did u get it back?

1 Like

Nope :frowning: but they did identify the guy 100% and have a warrant out for his arrest! :grinning:

4 Likes

Damn its been a year tho I got mine stolen near houses idk what to do since theres probably no cameras

mabybe its a good idea to do this.

stranger: ā€œhey,can i ride your board?ā€

you: ā€œsure, right after i take a picture of your face, your ID, got a phone and wallet?..yeah leave em here with me. AND BTWā€¦IM HOLDING THE REMOTEā€¦and rental fee for trying is 50$. interested?ā€

1 Like

that might turn off a prospective buyerā€¦ best way to do it is to go to an enclosed place with only 1 exit that you stand by, so like a basketball court or tennis courtā€¦ also good to ask for cash upfront too, and if theyā€™re not happy with it no worries you will just give back their money.