Steez Remote Group Buy

Works great and small…

it looks fine, never used it, but I personally prefer the stick to a trigger, I find it more stable, especially with high speed capable setups.

Thanks for the recommendation, do you think braking down Hills will be a significant struggle with a trigger?

Lol easy as pie

20 words

The biggest factor of how easy downhill breaking will be is the esc you use and the settings on that esc, and weather your using 1 or 2 motors. I never found it harder to brake, just accelerate. Think of it like this. the trigger is at 0 when idle and 100 at full throttle. If the throttles at 5, lets say on a slow board, that’s 1 mph. On a fast board, that might be 2 mph. so at half throttle, you go 10 mph on the slow and 20 mph on the fast. But you need to get to that throttle position with some amount of slowness. You can’t just got 0 to half throttle immediately or you’ll get thrown off your board. On faster boards, you have to be even more careful, as the more you push the throttle, the higher the speed the board will try to go. It’s harder to accelerate on a fast board, as the ever so slightest movement may be too harsh of an acceleration that will throw you off your board. I’ve found personally, that I trust my thumb to do this more then my index finger. Something like losing the ever so slightest of balance often leads to a reaction of squeezing your hands in preparation of falling. You may of not fallen, but that squeeze of the hand will definitely make you fall with a trigger, as you will pull the trigger. If you squeeze your hand with this remote, nothing changes. These two reasons are why I feel safer with this remote. The long battery life, the fact its rechargeable, and the small form factor that doesn’t look like a gun are added benefits.

Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me… Safety is my priority with my build… @Jack ok you can count me in, at least my purchase will be helping get the order numbers up for more people, pm me if you want shipping/payment details

@Luke Sweet back up to 12, tell your friends!

Ok. Fuck it. Im in for science.

One more remote i can test and review for you guys.

3 Likes

This is gonna be less than AUD $110 right?

@lowGuido - £50+£13 shipping to Aus :slight_smile:

Wait. That’s like $150 Aud. I thought the group buy was supposed to create a discount? I can buy from enertion for that price.

Its £70 from enertion, maybe you get free shipping but even so this is £63 shipped vs £70 without shipping

This is why I use an orange GT2B mod (I have a black one that looks better, but also looks like a suspiciously like a handgun)

Maybe something is getting lost in currency exchange but I can get the steez remote for AUD $123 delivered and your group buy gets it to me for AUD $148? Maybe its the shipping that kills it

It’s about $130 AUD which is only slightly cheaper than enertion, so I basically weighed up enertion’s warranty vs helping out this group buy.

This is probably the best price australian’s/kiwis can get ~$115 AUD shipped, but I just went ahead and got it with everyone else here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Maytech-wireless-remote-control-boosted-electric-skateboard/1000001635589.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.13.bQJPkH&scm=1007.13338.33346.0&pvid=01c0a6a4-5c5f-4e8b-9002-e90b03b0fae0&tpp=1

@lowGuido did u see my pm?

I have this remote and I don’t particularly like it. The trigger travel is quite small and really easy to accidentally bump. Then again this is the only remote I had so far.

Sorry Jack, sadly I’m dropping out. I’ve now got 3 controllers and only 1 working deck… Good luck with the group buy.

Might you give us an update on timing?

1 Like

I’m anxious to get one of these because I’ve been having intermittent electronics. Given the lack of clarity on timing, I’m dropping out.