Stealth motor mounts

Yep, update version is in production. I am very sorry it has taken so long time to do these, I will write more in depth why soon.

1 Like

What’s the price going to be?

Interested in 2 of these when they’re ready

Any idea when they will be ready?

Hi, so here is an update on current status of these mounts.

The new batch is due at the end of this month.

Regarding the time it has taken, I have had several issues with the producer that I have used earlier, so to make a long story short I had to find a new manufacturer and unfortunately lost some extra weeks in this process.

I also wanted to improve to make the mounts even better than the previous version.

So what is new or improved on the V2:

• Changed material on the motor plate to aluminum 7075 - T6 instead of steel.
  • This, of course, makes the mounts significantly lighter, but also aluminum is awesome for cooling the motor, so basically the motor plate acts as a big heat sink.
  • Both motor plate and truck bracket is now CNC milled with countersink pockets for the screws, this improves the clearance for pulleys. I think it now should be possible to run 15mm wide pulleys with the mounts…to be tested.
  • Added threaded holes for idlers on both sides on motor plate, can run one or two idlers! These are fixed so it is not possible to adjust on this version.
  • I use two smaller bearings with 5mm width and a low profile screw with this setup the idler is tucked on the inside of the wheel, so you can use different wheel sizes.
  • The idler is hidden on the inside of the cover to still keep the motor mount as stealth as possible.

The down side of added features like these is that price will have to increase a bit, I will update with the new price once I have all details, but it should be under 40 Euros for just the mount, then a bit extra for cover and idler.

So the idea is that you can just buy the mount if you need a great mount, then add cover and/or idler if you need more options.

If that is too steep I still have some of these 0- series V1 left:

6 Likes

Does the v2 come with all necessary hardware and idler(s)? If so, tell me where to throw my money.

Yeah, if you want I can provide it with all the hardware for the idler (s)! I want to do a bit more testing but I will let you know as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Sounds good, thanks! Ready whenever you are :slight_smile:

Looks great!! I will get two as soon as you have them. With idlers. What gave you the idea for idlers btw?

Are you thinking to be Ronin’s compatible this amazing motor mounts soon?

I’d like to buy one once they are available, they look great, is it ok to print your own cover?

Edit: I actually want two of these bad boys

I want two mounts when they are avilable.

Lock me in for two. The minimalist design + the idler makes this a dream mount

1 Like

I’m down for 2 mounts with idler and cover

Would also love to get one Mount with idler and cover!

LMK when they’re ready! :smiley:

1 Like

Do you know how much longer the belts have to be for 1 or 2 idlers?

Once the version with the idler is available I’d be interested in purchasing one set.

I’m down for two if mount is good for 15mm belts and 90mm or 97mm wheels.

Keep us updated

I’m looking at this, throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening.