Stealth motor mounts

Thanks @Tuomalar I’ll take 3 mounts shipping to Germany;) Greetings

Do you still have one with the cover? Otherwise I could go for one without. Would the shipping be much lower for Norway than Sweden?

Im in sweden to, we could share shipping

Will this fit the Turnigy Sk3 6364? If so are they still for sale and available to be shipped to the US?

Do you think it is possible to machine your clamp part to have a round hole to make them fit a ronin truck plus aluminium pipe (whitepony style)?

hi,

can i order 2 mounts + cover to spain?

thanks

Hi tueboard, very sorry but only have one left without cover now.

Yes, I think it might work, for the proto mounts I machined the brackets from scratch. What kind of diameter is the pipe ?

1 Like

Hi, Yes it should fit Sk3’s but only have one mount left without cover now.

@whitepony uses a 30mm diameter pipe I think. Not sure though if a smaller one could also fit. He chose 30mm because the alien mount uses 28mm inserts.

i chose 30mm cause the APS mount has 30mm :laughing: 28mm is for the old torqueboard V2 mounts - not sure what the diameter is nowadays!

Ah well close enough :smile: Do you think a smaller diameter would also fit around the ronin trucks?

i think a smaller diameter is only a problem when you want to use 15mm belts - cause then you need the pipes allll the way in and I used 30mm with a 1.5m thick wall and got it stuck in juuuust enough to allow the 15mm belt. of course you can always dremel some on the ronins to stick the pipe further in :wink:

1 Like

So question now is whether a 30mm hole can be machined or will it conflict with the clamping screws. Do you think it will fit?

any update on when you might be getting 2 of these in stock with covers? i would be willing to buy your STL file so i can print my own cover if if possible @WSB

Hi Maxid,

I did a quick test and 30mm hole will indeed conflict with the clamping screws. Give me some time and I will check if it is easy to water cut a clamp designed to take 30mm hole.

I really would like to make a mount for Ronin truck. But the geometry around the hanger is a bit complex and it is casted, so there might be differences from a batch to the next one, this makes it much harder to make a mount that will work on all batches and clamp tight. It would be way easier to just machine the trucks, but then you would have to buy both trucks and mounts from me.

Update: Have one mount with cover left. Have one mount without cover left.

are you planning to doing more? i’m interested in two mounts + cover :slight_smile:

ill snag both right now

OK, so the last two are sold.