Stealth motor Mounts – 0 Series

Hi, I have some of my 0 – Series mounts for sale.

These are the first batch, and there are some issues with them but since I get a lot of questions for mounts I thought I would offer them at a reduced price. So issue nr 1, the producer used wrong threads in the clamp (They are M6 but should be M5). This is easily fixed by using M5 screws with a nut on the other side.
See the picture.

The other issue is a bit more tricky to explain but I will show it with pictures. It has to do with the segmented slots for angle adjustment. The max angle into the board is this.

But if you flip the clamp and mount it in another way ( the two M6 Screws facing down instead of backwards) you can adjust it even further. As you can see there are some degrees in between these two settings that are not covered.

Other than that they have the same spec as the other mounts: Stealth motor mounts - very strong produced in steel and aluminium. -Black anodized aluminium brackets. -Black powder coated steel motor plate. -Split clamping and dual screws to ensure maximum clamping strength. -Fits caliber truck. -Fully adjustable. -For 63mm motors. -Stainless steel hardware with Torx bolts. -Suitable for 265mm belts. Tested with 9 and 12mm wide belts. -Center to center distance is 70mm. -3D printed belt cover available.

I have about ten of these, all parts are in stock exept the longer M5 screws that should be here any day now.

Price for mount 22 € , for mount with 3D printed cover 30€. Shipping without tracking is about 12 Euros.

1 Like

PM sent.

One question though: does it come with all the hardware needed to install it on the truck and the bolts for mounting the motor to the mount?

The covers, would they allow 97mm flys?

I’ve been drooling at these. I’m probably in for 2 sets. Some other questions.

• I liked that these were steel. why did you change to 7075?
  • is there room for idler? I’m guessing yes.
  • the restriction on angle – is this a problem in real use, or is it just kind of annoying?
  • I saw your post wrt wheel size, you print custom for each wheel size.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

I make the covers according to the wheel size you use, 97mm is no problem.

• The main reason I went with 7075 is that it easier to machine the countersink pockets for the screws, that improves clearance for pulleys, alu is also lighter with better heat dissipation Some of the board members here are really pushing there boards to the max with wide pulleys and to accommodate for this I had to countersink the screws. But with that said steel is super strong and works well also.
  • I think you might be able to fit idlers on these, just be prepared to put in some elbow grease when drilling the holes ,as the material is quite hard to drill in.
  • Angle restriction is not so big of a problem I think, but of course it might be annoying when setting it up the first time. I would start with trying to set it up like I did on the first picture. Check clearance for motor movement, if this is not enough, flip it and go with setup in picture 2 and 3.

André

1 Like

Is this mount possible to mount reverse as evolve kind? will 63size motor hit the kingpin?

1 Like

Also alu against steel could lead to galvanic corrosion

1 Like

I received my set. Gorgeous, thick, heavy. Impressed.

Also, every screw you can possibly need included including motor screws, and a little packet of blue loctite. Yay!

Hows shipping to the US look like?

took 4 days to NJ

Hi, I would not say that 4 days to US is normal. Might be some Esk8 friendly fighter pilots that transported that shipment. 7 - 10 Days is more normal. 12 Euros for singel and 15 for two mounts.

1 Like

Series-0 arrived shwiiiing!

1 Like