Stealth | hi5ber, Zenith | Caliber 2 | single R-spec 190kv | Custom Carbon Enclosure | Spacecell | VESC

onloop changed to just to HACK:… so i changed it back to how-to but left hack. it’s my own issue.

back on topic - i’ve used the clone and genuine flywheels - i too noticed the clones were inconsistent - super tight bearings and not tight… No biggie. I also had folks complain about the 'thane quality and feel. When brand new they were a bit slick w/ release agent, but after a few miles they’ve broken in just fine. Not as sticky as flywheels, not quite as soft duro as flywheel - but totally doable.

Ok cool. @King1017 IMO this is not a newb single motor build. It’s gonna look sick once done. I’m jelly.

yeah I wasn’t going to buy one, just curious.

I have been thinking about making my own for some time now… but that’s all it is… thinking.

I would have bought the Enertion deck for convenience but I don’t like the kick Tail, it’s an awesome deck but just not my style.

Something else i noticed is that the enertion pulleys want to sit slightly deeper into the clones than they do the ABEC 11s. Again, its barely noticeable, but i’m wondering if a thin plate behind the pulley would help keep alignment from ever becoming an issue due to this.

1 Like

I believe onloop stated somewhere that you only put 3 of the 6 bolts in if you are using flywheel clones.

Yeah it seems to be plenty solid with just the three bolts.

I only ever used three, even on legit Flywheels.

So while I am still waiting for my order from Enertion to ship I figured I would try to do something a little custom with my grip tape. *the red looks a lot redder in person. I was going to (and still might) inlay red grip tape on the rest of the cut outs. But I really like seeing that carbon fiber through the tape.

3 Likes

4 Likes

that looks really cool. I would leave it as it is so that you can see the carbon fibre. very cool.

1 Like

Awesome grip tape… Looks great!!

Nice work @King1017 looks awesome!

In order to make the “E-board Builds” category really easy to search & locate specific builds i am asking that you change your title to something descriptive that better expresses the makeup of your build.

Most of the new build threads tend to end up with a name such as "new- noob - noobie - beginner - first - build - help - newb" this becomes hard to keep track of.

I would like to see each build thread with a descriptive title, such as; Project Name | Deck Name | Trucks | Motor type | Mounting method | Voltage/Battery | ESC

Example The Samurai | Custom Deck | Paris Trucks | R-SPEC | Custom Mount | 10S | VESC

So all the parts are here. At least for now. I bought a single motor kit but decided after they came that the parts are to amazing not to go with a double set up. So more parts to come.

So far it is going slow, just because I don’t have much time. Everything is going toget her real nice. The motor is mounted up and looks like the belt is dialed in. I spent alot of time on that, just making sure it was perfect.

Tomorrow I plan to solider the bullet connectors to the vesc, get everything connected and hopefully get a bench test. Then Sunday I am going to make a temporary enclosure for everything so I can ride it until winter gets here.

In the winter my plan is to set this up as a dual motor setup when the parts come in. I also plan on cutting into that awesome deck, reinforcing it with cf, and sinking the battery into it. Then I will make the permanent enclosure with a mix of carbon fiber and 3d printed parts. Stay tuned.

looks sweet bro. i like the grip tape. i just hate how hard grip tape is to clean and it never looks as good as it first did.

Carbon Fiber + Carbon Fiber = :slight_smile:

looking great!

make sure you locktight everything so it stay dialed in :wink:

This thing looks sweet! Setting a high bar for neatness and finish quality!