Stealth | hi5ber, Zenith | Caliber 2 | single R-spec 190kv | Custom Carbon Enclosure | Spacecell | VESC

Nice work @King1017 looks awesome!

In order to make the “E-board Builds” category really easy to search & locate specific builds i am asking that you change your title to something descriptive that better expresses the makeup of your build.

Most of the new build threads tend to end up with a name such as "new- noob - noobie - beginner - first - build - help - newb" this becomes hard to keep track of.

I would like to see each build thread with a descriptive title, such as; Project Name | Deck Name | Trucks | Motor type | Mounting method | Voltage/Battery | ESC

Example The Samurai | Custom Deck | Paris Trucks | R-SPEC | Custom Mount | 10S | VESC

So all the parts are here. At least for now. I bought a single motor kit but decided after they came that the parts are to amazing not to go with a double set up. So more parts to come.

So far it is going slow, just because I don’t have much time. Everything is going toget her real nice. The motor is mounted up and looks like the belt is dialed in. I spent alot of time on that, just making sure it was perfect.

Tomorrow I plan to solider the bullet connectors to the vesc, get everything connected and hopefully get a bench test. Then Sunday I am going to make a temporary enclosure for everything so I can ride it until winter gets here.

In the winter my plan is to set this up as a dual motor setup when the parts come in. I also plan on cutting into that awesome deck, reinforcing it with cf, and sinking the battery into it. Then I will make the permanent enclosure with a mix of carbon fiber and 3d printed parts. Stay tuned.

looks sweet bro. i like the grip tape. i just hate how hard grip tape is to clean and it never looks as good as it first did.

Carbon Fiber + Carbon Fiber = :slight_smile:

looking great!

make sure you locktight everything so it stay dialed in :wink:

This thing looks sweet! Setting a high bar for neatness and finish quality!

For sure. I lock tight everything. I have had mountain bikes come apart on me at bad times because I was in a hurry during assembly or just thought it felt tight so it would be fine.

1 Like

Build update. Everything is going together really good. I have everything connected. Ran the bldc, with no problems except having to change it from 261 to 301, which wasn’t really a problem. The motor sounds so much cooler in person. My only regret is not ordering the dual setup right away.

Today if I have time I am going to mount everything and rig up an enclosure, then test ride.

1 Like

Ok, so my temporary enclosure is a little embarrassing, especially since the rest of the build is so nice but at least I was able to get a nice test ride in.

I was honestly suprised how well the single motor moved me. By the time I was done I was shaking from all the adrenaline. I can’t wait to get a nice long ride in.

On a side note can anyone tell me if I should let the spacecell drain to 0 for the first charge?

2 Likes

Im glad you said temporary. Because i was about to have words…

the space cell won’t let you over discharge, it has a low voltage cutoff feature. you can safely ride it until it stops.

Yeah I’m waiting until winter when I’m totally unable to ride it before I make a permanent one. I plan on making it out of carbon fiber, but I am going to sink all the components into the deck and do internal cable routing. Plus I want to wait and mock it up with my dual set up that I just ordered.

Those are an awesome idea for holding the enclosure. Where did you get it?

Its a combination of the carbon Enertion deck, and some others that i’ve seen in my searches for inspiration. But my main inspiration came from the “Bolt” Electric board that has everything incased in the deck.

@King1017 that’s awesome! Congrats on the first ride. I think that everyone here has a “first ride enclosure” that is made out of milk cartons and duct tape (or some equivalent).

Quick question. If I want to turn down the power on the board trough the bldc so my son could ride it how would I go about doing that?

You will change the “motor max” in the motor configuration tab.

You are referring to “Motor Max” under the current limits correct? I think min is already set at 80.00. so does that mean for full speed i need to bump it up to 100?