Starting first build and could use some help with parts

I am starting to gather parts for my first build. I have a small start customer skateboard/longboard business so far as the board goes I’m fine but with the electrical components I’m a little confused. I know people usually find a motor they want then a esc and battery that match the specs for the motor. I would like to do a single motor drive configuration and am looking at the turnigy sk3 6364 190kv or the 6364 213kv. Not much difference between the 2 the 190kv has a 100 less in the power. Im going with the turnigy sk3 because it seems to be the one that most go with. For my esc I am looking at going with the FOCBOX from enertion because it has mac compatible.both are 10s. So my thinking is I can get 2 5s batteries and connect both batteries to each other in series (positive to negative and the the other positive and negative to the focbox). I’m not sure what the xt60 or xt90 is however. These are the 2 batteries I am look at battery option 1 or battery option 2 I’m thinking option one because the the discharge is 35 constant and 70 burst and the motors max volt is 37 and max current is 65.

Could someone help me get some clarity on this please

xt60s or xt90s are just the most commonly used connectors:

https://www.stefansliposhop.de/images/product_images/popup_images/a1897_6152.jpg

definitely get lipos with the highest c rating you can find. Take a look at this thread- one of my favourites, so much knowledge in there. The ‘voltage sag’ is why you need a high c rating

good luck

1 Like

Thanks for the info I talked to enertion and they actually recommended using the 190kv because that is tested on the focbox and is what they use on the raptor2.

Heres all the knowledge you need to choose the right motor kv: