Start up Company

Well yeah if you’ve only tried an acton, a dual diyeboard kit, and a boosted board, the boosted is going to be the nicest in terms of control and build quality (snapped trucks?). I just feel if you’ve only ridden a boosted board, then you’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg.

2 Likes

If you’ve only ridden complete boards (besides the raptor 2), then you’ve only seen the tip of the iceberg, lol.

I hate watching these videos on youtube about how great some board is. “This is the fastest board ever”, “This is the best board ever”, and statements like that which are misleading, and not giving the customers a real comparision. I watched that second video @saul posted and that’s a fair video. Most though, go and ride and are like, this is so powerful, while riding a one of the weaker boards on the market.

2 Likes

lol its call “click bait”. youtubers rely on those views! I like that particular video because she is a regular boosted rider, and the other guy is a semi pro skater. so you can see some realistic riding.

I’ve been on boosteds, stary(once) and a few customs, plus all the versions of my own. @evoheyax still need to see what one of your 4wd beast would be like! :wink:

Hopefully you can come out to the next LA performance day. I will be there! Hopefully with new motors also.

3 Likes

I started with an Acton while waiting for the Boosted. Acton bored me and the short deck was awful. Boosted took too long so I built my first board. Now I’m three builds in and the Boosted is probably dedicated to my wife (if she streets her face it 100% not my fault). I think I’ve ridden it like 15 miles at most. It’s good, but being in this community I’ve learned too much to be held back by Boosted.

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992/3010

6 Likes

WTF. Are you serious? 12 miles they claim and “the most power electric skateboard” my ass… That’s just straight up false advertisement. Wounder if they can be sued for intentionally lying like that…

That’s probably 12 miles in eco mode, flats and weighing 140lbs

12 miles is annoying, but the worst to me is saying the “most powerful” part. Now when I want to actually sell powerful boards and other’s selling powerful boards, the customer is confused because they don’t know any better.

Powerful is a vague statement, but I can’t see how they can even attempt to defend that in court since they are not the most powerful under any definition of power.

4 Likes

I suppose they could claim “brand power” or some unquantifiable metric like that.

But I’ve seen at least 3 different companies claim to be the “most powerful”. Which is BS that it happens with electric skateboards and no one seems to care. If the camaro and mustang and both claimed to be the “most powerful american car” then there would be a huge uproar.

Most powerful is easy, most powerful and ridable is tricky :yum:

“Most powerful” somehow would have to involve four of these “150100” 35,000W motors. And it would eat a top fuel dragster for breakfast.

wowza. what ESC would you even use to run those???

Theres a guy who made a super upgrade vesc meant for electric car. That would be the ESC I would guess you’d use.

Might have to build something that extreme at some point…

Just don’t know how you could handle that torque… lol.

like almost any board built here has more range and more watts its just that there are not many companies people know about witch make electric skates so they can say basically anything

I wonder what kind of ESC does Rimac use, the Concept one can pull a fu*!ing megawatt of power

go-kart? except the wheels are made of glue so you can accelerate up vertical walls at 20m/s^2

Wait, you’re only running one megawatt? Each of my seven motors uses two megawatts each

How about Acton’s owner: “…the likes which the world has never seen!” …sounding almost like Everett McGill as ‘Stilgar’ in Dune.

5 Likes

Ahaha dune, that’s the best comment give the man a trophy!

2 Likes

Glad to know about your plan here. All the best. Carry on!