Start up Company

Ya know what. I might actually make a kickstarter just for shits and gigs for 150mm hub motors. shitty animations done in paint or something to get across the point, some free light jazz in the background to really sell the idea as, ‘cool’, and ‘new’

probably turn out more sucsessful than this thread :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

At first I thought it was a good idea “cater” to my customers, but as it turns out, they don’t know how to build anything which is why they ask us to build things for them in the first place. Boards have come along way. But not because they had better plans or designs. It’s mostly because I stopped taking “orders”. I build what I want!

12 Likes

Did anyone else pick up on the fact that the op had only been on the forum 13 times since the 20th of July? He’s obviously legit /s

the last of us will fall soon, my friend.

Somehow i managed to get my customs customers to pay for my research but my god man. The reward is great but the struggle is real. Designers. We build what we want. You’re so right.

4 Likes

So lets say I’m a new driver for Ferrari/McLaren/etc…do you think they’ll take my amateur advice with vehicle design?

Maybe that’s a shitty analogy, but most of the customers need to be told what to buy/set up/run

3 Likes

LEts say that new driver for Ferrari was a career driver for somebody else before that, had good driving skills and a lot of experience driving and understood how things like suspension and handling should feel on a super car.

Now you’re getting closer to an accurate analogy for my particular customers. The input is valuable, but they still don’t know crap about building them.

3 Likes

Alex. That you?

12 Likes

Haha

10 chars

I feel like this thread went downhill

3 Likes

…someone just left the building

6 Likes

@psychotiller @longhairedboy yes indeed! The very best part of designing is the freedom to make choices and explore ideas.

I love getting suggestions and requests, but ultimately my designs are good because I bring my own taste, experience, and knowledge into what I make.

My favorite way to work is to communicage w someone to learn about how they’ll use the deck, and what they already like. From there I can help to sort out what will work practically and what they’ll love.

Really it’s all about designing what I love, so someone else can love it too!

3 Likes

@ElijahGainer As you might have guessed, it’s not that simple, everyone wants different things. Do your own research. I spent hours on the forum looking at almost everything, that gave me a rough idea about what people like/don’t like. Also, being an actual eskater helps a lot.

1 Like

But most importantly, its about doing a lot of drugs with @psychotiller 's mom.

14 Likes

I wonder how many of these startup companies are really just overenthusiastic people who think they can just slap together a kit from DIYEBoard and pass it off as their own product…

4 Likes

everythinbg is an OEM koowheel at this point. lol

1 Like

Meanwhile I’m still getting accused of selling a rebranded board. Literally someone typed, “[Predator Boards] looks like they replaced the deck, battery, and ESC, and motors… however that’s it. I don’t think anyone will buy their rebranded board.”

U WOT M8? It’s a fucking skateboard, there’s only so many things you can change to make the product unique. Anywho… this market dilution is rubbing people the wrong way and giving companies like mine some undeserved flak. What’s worse, the ones that will rise out of this clusterfuck are the brands that offer the cheapest product since, to the untrained consumer, all these no-name boards are all the same sans the pricing.

5 Likes

lol i mean thats what riptide is, no one seemed to care :joy:

1 Like

That’s true, although I think the fact that riptide doesn’t try to hide this and is honest about it helps their perception a lot. That and the fact that they did somewhat make their board unique with their own deck, actual abec-11 wheels, and shred lights.

What I don’t understand is that for maybe $100 more per board, they could use VESCs and a really good product, but for some reason they don’t.

1 Like

well it was the shred lights guys so thats not surprising. $100x2 is more than the profit margin on something like that. and the race video vs boosted was so suspect!

I wouldn’t even care but this is just straight lies! what they say…

vs the truth!

2 Likes