Start up Company

Hi eskate builders. I have been around the forums quite a bit over the last year, and am looking to start my own business with electric skateboard/longboards. I’m looking to see what the community desires in an electric skateboard, like;

1 - Deck shape 2 - Type of concave 3 - Kicktail or no Kicktail 4 - Hub motors or belt driven 5 - Battery range (how much battery life would you prefer) 6 - Swapable batteries or non swapable batteries 7 - Desired price range (with reason)

Thanks

Elijah

2 Likes

I’d highly recommend reading some more, there are a considerable few areas that could use improvement but without understanding the basics you will have difficulty very quickly, you’ve only visited thirteen days and haven’t made any comments with very little activity. You need to first know your audience before designing a product you know little about

5 Likes

Hi Will, I have been on the forums more than 13 days. I had to change my account. I am aware of the various issues with electric skateboards out on the market. I just wanted some direct feedback on what most people prefer. Therefore i can make a better product.

questions you’re asking is kind of like asking what flavor of ice cream is the best. everyone will have their own opinion but in the end you still get to eat ice cream.

you kind of have to deliver what you believe in and hope the market responds.

9 Likes

Why did you have to change your account?

8 Likes

Which community? This one here will desire totally different things.

To save some research, I can tell you what the masses want to buy:

1. does deck shape matter?
  2. what’s concave?
  3. kicktails look cool
  4. what’s the difference?
  5. 100 miles or more
  6. I don’t want to fiddle with taking stuff apart, it’s for my nephew
  7. $125.00 absolute maximum

And I can tell you what some folks here want to buy:

1. depends what the purpose of the board is. Usually a drop-through longboard or a Jet Spud shape
  2. elliptical concave
  3. see 1). Usually no kicktail
  4. belt drive or axial direct drive, never hub motors (radial direct drive)
  5. 432 watt * hours
  6. not swappable
  7. $800 - 2800
3 Likes

Ok, sorry for posting this. I didnt think i would get such negative feedback, maybe just a couple of details people like.

I had to change my account because i was hacked.

What was your previous username and what made you think your account was hacked?

8 Likes

smells fishy :smiley:

4 Likes

did you recently move to Atlanta Georgia?

14 Likes

@treenutter, @onloop, @longhairedboy, @Michaelinvegas

4 Likes

This is going to be a cool thread. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

This is what’s important to me when dealing with vendors here:

4 Likes

your hacker should have hacked @longhairedboy, i’m sure all his pm’s with @psychotiller’s mom are very colorful

14 Likes

Rainbows and smelly sprinkles!!!

7 Likes

I curious to see what happens here

4 Likes

Weird that out of all accounts to hack yours got "hacked " seriously could have hacked any leaders, at least hacked torque boards to reply to my issue. Lol

2 Likes

Ok, we’d like a dual motor board with vesc6 that weighs <10 lbs with 30+ miles range for around $200. Thanks.

12 Likes

Under $200 or no deal.

1 Like