START HERE | FAQ for DIY Electric Skateboard builders

Hey new to this forum, got put on to esk8 from some friends that i have been flying drones with for a while. i have been doing drone and 3d print stuff for a while now so i understand a lot of the stuff going on. I jumped in without doing enough research and ended up buying The 11" truck 8" tires kit from diyeboards with the 10s5p battery. After riding it for a little while i noticed it would slow down pretty hard after mildly hard riding and felt like the esc were over heating. One of my friends had upgraded to vesc6.6 and gave me his 2 old hglrc vesc 4.12 esc and gave me his old remote/rx and bluetooth that went with it. installed it all in and the board was like a new beast. but when i was riding it just cut out and i went flying. thinking it was the battery bms cutting out my friend told me to lower the limits so i lowered amp limits all the way around but it still does it. granted it has only done it maybe 4 times in about 50 miles. The things i want to try are.

• ReWire battery to bypass the bms. -Get a new remote/rx because maybe its a signal loss. Is rewiring the battery a bad idea to do? i believe the are samsung 20q but i have not opened it yet. I dont think the battery is the issue becasuse on my bluetooth app it says i never pull more then 30a from the battery even at max and that shouldnt cut the bms out. atleast i dont think it should. anyone have an idea where i should start?

@vlodato (highlighting that specific post, not necesecarily the thread.)

HELP NEEDED PLEASE

I have a raptor 2.1 that wonā€™t turn off. It powers up and runs ok but just doesnā€™t turn off

I have disconnected the battery and module but not love still. Any experienced this before - if so any suggestions?

Hey, Iā€™m trying to build a relatively fast mono drive esk8, my parts I plan on using so far are:

Flipsky 6374 190kv motor:

Flipsky FSESC 4.12 50A:

Flipsky 2.4gGH vx1 remote

Trampa Caliber II Motor Mount

Mboard Pulley System

Hereā€™s where I need some help, although please give me tips or suggestions on anything else. diyesk8 sells a 12s2p battery for $330.00, it comes with a switch, battery meter, charger, and BMSā€¦ After looking around that seems like an oddly cheap deal so if anyone has any experience with these batteries please let me know how you like them. Hereā€™s the link :

https:///collections/electric-skateboard-battery-pack/products/electric-skateboard-battery-epower-pack-12s2p#description

Any help would be great, thanks for reading!

It is not easy to collect all the parts.

Hi, Iā€™m just wondering, could I put my 10s5p battery in parallel with my other 10s2p battery? both batteries are from Wowgo

Iā€™m looking into building an electric long board. I am planning on using 2 4S 14.8v 5000mAh 50C Lipo Batteries. (Similar to RC vehicles) I want to incorporate on board charging, has anyone done something like this before? Iā€™ve seen people use a BMS, would I need one for each battery?

Does anybody know if the flipsky Dual FSESC 4.20 fits in the H2C / SYL-08 Off Road Skateboard battery enclosure instead of the original one?

Hi, I am doing a project on creating a E-Skateboard/Longboard that will work in harsher conditions (i.e. winter conditions) for my senior design project. It would be great if any of you can complete this Survey. Thanks!

@SenPro Great documentā€¦:man_facepalming:

My bad. Can you give it another try?

Hello everyone, I am planning on starting my first Electric skateboard build. Unfortunately I have little knowledge of how to do this (but I know the basics), and even less funding (iā€™m a broke teen) so I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me and or would like to donate to my cause. Thanks a lot! -Max Goldenson

LINK:

if use VESC controllers, it should not need BMS. Because VESC can limit voltage in VESC_TOOL.

make sure two batteries internal resistance, capacity and voltage are same.

Just found this company. what do you guys think?

When someone orders a custom board and the board is received damaged the correct. the ethical thing to do is return the board as the company requested;, not ride the damaged board, and when it fails make a video and trash the company. Ray Spencer Of ESK8fighclub and TAWORS Digital Magazine helped a member of his group bully and harass and defame the board company to try to get money or an additional board out of the company. This isnā€™t ethical behavior. This kind of bullying harassment makes boarders look like thugs. I personally own two of the boards Ray Spencer is purposely trashing. Momentum boards is a new company. They have great product and exceptional customer service. They donā€™t deserve the lies and harassment Ray Spencer has been giving them.

Iā€™m kinda new on this E-sk8 stuff. Is there any way to build an e-sk8 with direct wire controls. Is there a way to replace remote control with a potentiometer thatā€™s directly wired to the ESC, or rather just potentio-battery-motor.

Thanks

how do i make a topic

You would have to use a brushed motor, which doesnā€™t require phase control. Not really practical for e-skate and you would have no brake. . Motor would be big too.

hi im just trying to god dam post