Pre-Order Focbox Unity $249 | R-SPEC Drive Kit $579USD

START HERE | FAQ for DIY Electric Skateboard builders

faq
help
beginners

I am new on this forum and I am looking for the best motor to get for my personal electronic board I am building?

Hello Fellow Eskaters,

I’m a total noob, my first Frankenstein consists of:

custom cut board
A cheap duel motor ESC from ebay put in a meepo case
Duel hub motors
Maxfind battery
Koolwheel charger

It’s all over the place I know, but is there any way to make this work?
My main issue is trying to find a straight battery to charger w/out having to buy a battery case with a converter.
Does such a thing exist?
Am I missing something important?

well you first need to know how many cells you are going to use in series. Since you are using hubmotors you can calculate it with the topspeed you want because the speed is directly affected by the voltage since there is no transmission between everything (like a belt drive has)

so you are probably going to choose something like 10s (because of the hubs) so you will need a charger made for that cell counting (like 10s). well you are in luck now because if you choose a common cell counting (like 6s,10s,12s) there are custom made chargers for that you can find on almost every site like aliexpress or banggood

I hope this helped you

can i use a vesc 4.12 on this motor: https://hobbyking.com/nl_nl/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6364-245kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html will the esc limit anything because it is a 70 amp motor and only a 50 amp esc btw im using 10s

Hi, I have questions about picking a motor. Which motor is better? This one :https://flipsky.net/collections/e-skateboard/products/flipsky-electric-skateboard-motor-r-6374-190kv-3250w or this one: collections/electric-skateboard-motors/products/electric-skateboard-motor-6374-190kv

Also what is the difference between them?

Thanks.

I can not figure out how to post a new thread; just finished with a mountain board build; & I would like to share it.