START HERE | FAQ for DIY Electric Skateboard builders

superstars or hypa hubs (trampaboards)

1 Like

It sounds like you should be looking at an rc car not a skate board, and there is a good amount of open source stuff for object tracking, but I donā€™t think there is any ready made software for rc cars to do that, and gps would be too inaccurate for the road. Perhaps you could look in to having someone write you something, if you put a target on your bike it might be doable, a lot of work, but at least feasible, but I am by no means knowledgeable about object tracking ect. so I would double check everything I said. And much better to post on a forum for software/firmware/cs questions.

1 Like

what you could do is used a brushed dc motor and have wired voltage control to the motor and just run the motor in reverse to break, it would be inefficient and kinda ghetto, but hey, if you want to make it supper cheap, it would work, though im not sure how powerful your breaks would be. Interestingly enough, the original esk8 boards used dc motors.

1 Like

do you have the correct wheel pulley for your wheel type. The way the pulley should center its self, because it should fit tight enough to center its self.

1 Like

Hey guys I am new here . I owned a evolve carbon gt . But recently I am trying to build a mountain board with trampa deck b truck with springs . I am wondering if I can get trampa deck,trucks n wheels. But with evolve motors ,BMS n ESC remote swapped over . Thx

1 Like

Hey guys, I need a little bit of help. I am trying to connect the TORQUEBOARDS 2.4GHZ MINI REMOTE CONTROLLER to the FOCBOX speed controller. the video shows my set up,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkH99dV2oPM&t=15s, any advice is welcomed

1 Like

Does anyone know what if the battery in a wowgo2s is a 10s or a 12s or a 6sā€¦??

1 Like

@reedbryson What voltage is printed on the charger? Will you upload a photo of it?

1 Like

So glad to join esk8 builders!

1 Like

Thank you, axelleboss

Whet is the ā€˜start new threadā€™ box. Do I have to type something on a random thread ( to participate ) first as a new member ?

You canā€™t start new threads right off the bat as a new member.

1 Like

@Eretron - you will need the 218mm trucks if you want to run dual 6374 motors as they wonā€™t fit on standard caliber II trucks

not sure how wide supercarve trucks are so I canā€™t confirm that 2 x 6374 motors will fit on those.

Motor specs are on the website: Shaft Length: 23mm Length of motor including shaft: 102mm Length of Motor Can: 69mm Width of Motor Can: 63mm

https://street-wing.com/product/6374-190-kv-sealed-motor-with-sensor/

let me know if you would like any other measurements and I will take them off the motor

Hello, Why cant make any post in ā€˜sale itemsā€™? Do I need have more posts or something other?

Just recieved my first part, the enertion focbox Iā€™m super excited to get my build up and running! Hoping to finish it by the end of the year

1 Like

@Sender its the best ^^^

2 Likes

Flagged that shit.

2 Likes

I have a question, I was running 2 4s 5000 mah lipo batteries in series, and one of them to expand becasue I overheated it and I will have to replace it. for next time when I install the new battery what is it that could cause it to overheat? what should I regulate more on the vesc programming? (also I was running it through a 6374 190 kv motor)

Does anyone know why I canā€™t reply to threads in the esk8 marketplace? Iā€™ve been here for over a year, have a build thread, have bought and sold many things but I am not allowed to post on these threads seemingly because of some worry that I may be dodgy!

Hi First post not sure if this is the correct spot to enter it. Im building an MBS Core94 Moutainoard with Dual 6374 190kv motors on 12s with dual Vesc master/slave with cam bus. I ran thru the vesc tool motor and controller setup everything appears to work, motor hums then spools and all green, controller show full throttle, center and brake at 100% saved settings to vesc and copied to slave but after disconnecting nothing happens when i give it throttle. ran through setup 4 or 5 times re charged battery and checked all connections, must be a setting in vesc tool im missing? setting up in FOC if that matters. any help is much appreciated. Thanks