START HERE | FAQ for DIY Electric Skateboard builders

You’re saying hello to an empty room, my friend. Everyone packed up and moved the the esk8 news forum.

For anybody still lurking around here. I’m making a post from this reply. A "4wd penny board :blush:. Haven’t seen it done before, so I thought it will be nice as my first project. I will be uploading pics, of my build here due to my nubness…I’ll update y’all soon

hey guys, looking for more information comparing turnigy sk8 6374 149kv vs 192kv which one is better for mountain board use ? 200mm wheels

hey, we really need to know about your other parts.

the motor KV really only determines the speed it will spin.

so battery voltage & drive train gearing ratio needs to be considered.

Hey @onloop ! basically i am planing on building a mountain board that will use 2 6374 motors and a flipsky 200a vesc probably i want to build the battery, that will be able to hold both of this motors, 160a or 200a combined. (18650) btw what kind of battery will be the best for long range(at least 20miles) and top speed of around 30-35mph what setup would you recommend to build ? i tried to open a new thread with no luck so sorry about that…

read this article to get a better understanding of drive train setup

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/beginners-guide-to-building-your-own-electric-skateboard-drivetrain/53

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/beginners-guide-to-building-your-own-electric-skateboard-drivetrain/53

Hi can anyone help me a with Foc setup? I didn’t have the sensor wires, so I soldered some in. L and R detection doesn’t work in the bldc tool

Picture please

1 Like

What do you need a picture of?

Everything still works fine in regular sensorless bldc mode though. @onloop is there a way I can test if I soldered them alright? Is a failed calculation the result of bad wiring?

What useful information may I give you?

Alright sorry to be bothersome. By no replies I assume it was a stupid question and poor wiring as the cause.

How does one “upvote” an account

1 Like

nooo idea lol

nice work bros

Useful post!

With mail in ballots duh …:joy:

Me. How much you got?

@onloop Got a part of the early enertion history here. For how much did they go for back in the day?

1 Like

Do you have a pair of those??