Stabilised skateboard truck | Anti Speed Wobble Tech.... Advice from a moron

Let’s say this thing has the fixed axle on the left wheel and the right wheel has the one-way bearing, when looking from above, and we take a left turn, the left wheel will have to be the sole torque as the right wheel has to go faster than the left. If we turn right we have …a situation where the outside wheel can no longer freewheel faster than an inner powered wheel. How is torque transferred then? The inner wheel again is the only one able to give torque as it’s the slowest in the turn.

It can work without a one way bearing, except its no longer a longboard, its a go cart. The drive wheels truck cant be a turning one, it’d have to be a solid axel attatched to the board, not a truck baseplate, also you’ll need super hard wheels for sli- I mean drifting without wearing out the wheels too much

You guys are Killin me and I just pulled the fork out if my eye from earlier. The least of your problems from locking the rear is the two most discussed and important parts if a build, performance and range. Locking the rear will suck both of these out if your build. Second point: the irony is goddam hullarious: “skateboard stabilizer” is pawning a product that will break traction on one of the rear wheels you need for lateral force traction in a corner when at speed, actually making your skateboard less stable. Even Ray Charles can see what is about to happen here. Third point, the applied forces will break the weakest part in the chain, you pick one. Ok a sprag bearing, no dice. No brakes on one wheel and still locks axle turning the opposite direction. The only option here is an open differential. Even an adjustable slipper style clutch will suck performance. A pulse width modulated clutch sounds cool, over my pay grade. Lets dig a hole and bury this thing till the long haired one gets some real world testing on this. Fork is back in the eye, dammit!

3 Likes

As mentioned the mounting brackets are for mounting dual motors - although the mounting brackets can also be used for a single motor (dual-drive) setup, the brackets do not have a differential gear to allow the separate drive trains to work independently. Therefore a single-motor dual-drive setup can be dangerous and likely to cause harm or injury. We do NOT recommend a single motor (dual drive) setup, therefore we will not be sending out to anyone for a real world testing with respect to a single motor (dual drive).

You do realize that carvon already solved the issue with dual set up using one motor a while ago

1 Like

I want shocks… :slight_smile:

1 Like

How did it go turning right?

@Hummie Carvon had a hybrid 4wd. Hub motors on one axel and single motor dual sprag bearings, (one way ratcheting) on the other. This allowed the single to drive both wheels forward with no braking and unlocked turning. Not a solution for a single drive unless you like to foot brake.

It was fine! I rode it

1 Like

single motor - simple mono drive

1 Like

1 Like

I have this damper stabilizer,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322445611303?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

but i still need the L brackets to attach it to my board. I have a trampa board with infinity trucks. see here:

Can anyone here help me make the L brackets and attachment parts? I will pay wtvr it costs. Also can mail you the stabilizer if really needed. Thanks!!
1 Like

. R1000, they do work well…

7 Likes

Ist that a CBR 1000 electronic steering damper? I guess you don’t use the electronic feature. But i thought in that case they don’t damp at all?

@MoeStooge you’re a legend with that screaming board … watch out for tissue paper lol

1 Like

Suzuki. Open circuit to the solenoid for low speed dampning. Energized for speeds above 35. The low speed damp fulcrum ratio is dialed in. High speed has been bench tested and will be on the 3rd channel when I make the 45+mph run.

4 Likes

I don’t know bout the legend part however I do get hypersensitive around paper products and gear drives.

1 Like

Holy shit!!. Can you help me?

1 Like

I don’t know man. Both as an esk8 enthusiast and a Freerider/downhil rider myself, this whole thread is so revolting. From the badly edited stock picture (the pucks do light up if you have the special ones but you don’t ignite the street on fire…) to the Idea of stabilizers for your trucks ? Like really ? Having a mecanical lock that differentiates with pressure and is even somewhat spring loaded sounds absolutely scary to me and also a danger to others. While on our rides back to the mountaintop (in the car) today we read trough the thread and your coments, basically everything you said about stability is so nonsensical. :“The down side of higher durometer bushings is that it limits smooth curving, cruising and smooth steering.” Ehm you wut mate ? Really, is that your take on bushings and their functionality ? This here is my favourite we almost pissed our pants:" Any conventional trucks (including precision trucks) with the present tensioners to support the conventional bushings are significantly more solid. The constant pulling of the tension springs to reach equilibrium dissipates the tilting from side to side “wobbly” effect quickly. The tension springs compensate for the weakness of the bushings. The springs pulling enables the board to stay upright and self-balance itself after the wheels encounter bumps in the road and/or after the rider completes a turn." I mean I also style my arm hairs in a way that absorbs negative fibrations and radio frequency which allows me to stay more grounded and thus making me more stable after hitting a bumb in the road. Makes sense right ?! (sarcasm…) :no_mouth:

Did you know that speedwobbles aren’t just an inconvenience ? Did you know that last year in the USA alone 14 poeple died on a longboard, with no other vehicles involved? Most of those horrors were caused by wobbles. And you now give poeple a wrong sense of security, based on nothing at all? I am pissed at you mate, let me explain why:

1.) If you ever feel unstable on a deck after you went over a certain speed limit you were familiar with, know that that is a good thing. You just realised where your skillcap is at the moment and you were concious enough about the situation that you realised it. So now you have to go over your options to improve your freedom further while riding so that 50, 60 or mayby even 70 becomes a familiar speed. (meaning km/h). The first thing would be to check your set up, from the deck, to the wheelbase, to your trucks and bushings. Do you have most weight directly over the truck? Are you within the optimal weight limit of your bushings? If you are still having issues, its also helpfull to upgrade in the truck departement. I did take my stock cast caliber 2 184mm well over 60 before and it felt decent. But even the minimal upgrade to ronin cast was a new world. So much more controle and stability at higher speeds and most importantly in corners that I griped.

2.) Now fixing the issues of instability or even wobbels with a mecanical feature that locks up gradualy by saving the energy in a spring function is a terrible idea in itself. (Only based on my opinion, happy to concede that I could be wrong as anyone can be about anything). But basically you are trying to cover up missing knowledge, skill and practice with something else. If you are not comfortable riding at 60 and want those stabilizers to help you, sure you may try it. But if you cannot emergency brake at 60, when you cannot controle your line at 60, when you cannot control your fall at 60, or even slide, you should NOT even think about going 60. I personally wouldn’t trust our current braking systems enough to even go 40 down a hill with an esk8, If I could not stop safely and quickly myself. ( I am using 60 as a the speed here because it will apear fast for most of you and help stress my point, even though all of this may very well aply for 40/50 for others).

3.) I will not go into how suffisticated trucks are on the higher end.( e.g: vortex, koa, ronin pro light etc.) and how much experience is behind it. But if you are generaly intrested read up on how important it is to have a lot of play and that having a super “fix” truck is actualy so much more unstable. Anyhow, the best way I can put it is like this. There are a few races in the world where only a few riders sign up, not because they don’t want to. But because it is extremely scary and hardcore difficult. Those riders who thrown down on a mountain at well over 90km/h sometimes even dipping 110km/h, don’t you think everyone would use anything that would help them out? That would ensure them more safety ? To prevent loss of life or injury? Also why has no player in the game that has produced multiple world champions never brought anything to market like this ? It was a thing before and it came up here and there over the years the last time 2011, but noone ever thought it was even remotely usefull or worth cheking out.

4,) I am sorry that I blew up in this, but huge claims deserve huge criticism. (“Let’s ride electric skateboard in a new way”) / (“Stabilised skateboard truck | Anti Speed Wobble Tech”). But it sounds like a Faceboock post:" Anti cancer tech / get your healing stickers today" I am not even going into the whole single motor dual wheel shabang, since more skilled poeple on the subject already chimed in. But please aknowledge that even though esk8 is a new venture on its own, that skating has been explored very far, and poeple are risking their skin daily to push limits further, so mayby instead of disregarding that mountain of accesable knowledge, digg into it, cooperate with it and come out stronger on the other end. I am deeply concerned about the safety of our community, I daily worry about inexperienced riders going over 40 regularely without proper protection. 40 is enough to kill a human, a fact I was remembered when we burried a friend a few weeks ago who died doing what we all love, riding. So stay safe, and remember that upgrading your ride is only have the work. Educate yourself as a rider along side it.

TLDR: Safety of human life is not something you want to mess with"

27 Likes

BOOM! @michichopf You are a master carpenter. That was a nail. You hit it right on the fucking head!!!

7 Likes