Stabilised skateboard truck | Anti Speed Wobble Tech.... Advice from a moron

“Springlish”? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

this one?

4 Likes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322445611303?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

3 Likes

The core of the present intervention tension spring structure is to reinforce the conventional bushings. Therefore, the intervention tension springs are not suitable for non- conventional trucks which don’t use the conventional bushings.

Any trucks with the present tensioners to support the conventional bushings are significantly more stable than the non-conventional trucks which don’t use the conventional bushings. This is because the conventional bushings, although they have drawbacks, are still essential to the skateboard’s stabilization and the present tensioners reinforces the conventional bushings to improve the overall skateboard stabilization.

racing motorcycles have similar issues as speed wobble with the front wheel - to counter that they have a dampener supressing rapid handle bar movement and it works. a hydraulic dampener. here i just see springs != dampening.

3 Likes

Sorry, have to add that our only vulnerability to speed wobbles is when we are flat and going straight. (Right where you’re springs are doing nothing) As soon as you initiate any pressure toeside or heelside the bushings do their job. Saying you need something like this when all you need to do is change your bushings and/or tighten them down is downright false information.

This forum has a lot of new members. Some of which have little to no longboarding experience. Good info is priceless.

Peddle this junk elsewhere.

4 Likes

2 Likes

When it comes to raising awareness of the product everything counts including adverse statements. So thanks for contributing your time and energy. What I don’t want is for people to stop talking about the product. So thanks again.

I think we’re all still waiting for video proof that this works at all. Until then - nobody (including myself) will beleive anything you say

2 Likes

‘To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.’ — - St. Thomas Aquinas

Unless you’re using a one way bearing on one side of this set up. This doesn’t work either. Carvon already has this set up.

1 Like

Not sure why you’re going all door-knocker on me, but Science is preferred at the big kid’s table. You can go sit next to your egg laying rabbit in the other room.

“Faith and belief are what people say they have when they have no idea what they’re talking about.” ---- Psychotiller

14 Likes

I respect anyones religious beliefs, but ’ believing’ does not make something work well thats fundamentally a bad design. Please stop spreading rubbish on this forum.

Although increasing the stiffness of the trucks increases the speed at which wobbles start to occur, they also make it hard to steer around tight corners. Dampers are a fundamentally better option as they offer a high ’ stiffness’ against wobbles which are relatively high frequency, but still allow easy turning and good carvyness because it has a low to no ’ stiffness’ when turning (low frequency).

3 Likes

Amen Stef. Amen

2 Likes

what the fuck are you talking about.

either it works or it doesn’t, faith’s got nothing to do with verifiable evidence.

please keep your bible quoting bullshit off of here.

can we ban this guy?

4 Likes

Do you have rights to these photos because looks like the same as enertion?

Tell me if I’m wrong: you get a $60 dollar pair of trucks and put springs on the side then add $200 to the price an call it a $30 discount?

2 Likes

what is this BS? all I see is a spring loosely hooked between the base plate and the hanger with an o-ring.

1 Like

It’s a stock photo, anyone who buys a license can use those photos

Thanks Hummie. Yes the trucks cost approximately $60 plus $56.69 shipping cost from US. It’s a stock photo as Jinra mentioned.