Stabilised skateboard truck | Anti Speed Wobble Tech.... Advice from a moron

Hi all, firstly thank you for your questions I promise to address every single one. I also noted that some of you have made various adverse statements. I appreciate your views and I will try and address them as best I can. But if you have a specific question could please rephrase into a question so I actually know what you’re after.

@psychotiller Any conventional trucks (including precision trucks) with the present tensioners to support the conventional bushings are significantly more solid. The constant pulling of the tension springs to reach equilibrium dissipates the tilting from side to side “wobbly” effect quickly. The tension springs compensate for the weakness of the bushings. The springs pulling enables the board to stay upright and self-balance itself after the wheels encounter bumps in the road and/or after the rider completes a turn.

@thisguyhere Yes, I promise to provide some video footage … hope the video will help.

@smurf The tension springs mounted configuration is different to a conventional independent suspension system that would absorb the energy of each wheel independently, allowing the deck to ride undisturbed while the wheels follow bumps in the road. The present tension springs tensioners supports the bushings to absorb much of the up-and-down movement as the wheels move over irregularities in the road. It keeps the skateboard deck at an even level as well as keeping it relatively free from road shock and minimizing vibration.

@Jinra thanks for your kind comment – I feel we’re on the same wavelength. I sense there is a big task ahead of me in educating the skateboard riders. I welcome any support I can get to help riders appreciate that the Skateboardstabilizer will make their electric skateboard significantly more solid, stable and better able to handle the “wobbly” effect with fine steering control. With my stabilizer the electric skateboard axles will look more like racing car axles :slight_smile: but more importantly riders will be able to enjoy the same benefits as described for both downhill riders and freeriders on my website. Thanks again!

@Jinra Yes, I think I should make a short video as you suggested to help the cause – not risky for me to produce at all. In fact, I have been riding my Raptor 1 with the stabilizer installed since I filed the Patent application which was drafted by experienced Patent Attorneys who also have an engineering background.

Basically no. As the springs are compressed at rest and un-damped they will do the square root of nothing. Any effect they give to your board is purely coincidental, and likely caused by them effectively stiffening your truck which, as another member pointed out, would also be the effect gained from higher stiffness bushings. If that was an oil filled damper possibly fixed to the board not the truck you could have a similar setup to a motorcycle steering dampener which would work by greatly reducing the frequency at which the trucks could oscillate.

3 Likes

@psychotiller Any conventional trucks (including precision trucks) with the present tensioners to support the conventional bushings are significantly more solid. The constant pulling of the tension springs to reach equilibrium dissipates the tilting from side to side “wobbly” effect quickly. The tension springs compensate for the weakness of the bushings. The springs pulling enables the board to stay upright and self-balance itself after the wheels encounter bumps in the road and/or after the rider completes a turn.

@skateboardstabilizer. I have an application for this fine proprietary product. How much and where do I get it? Oh yeah and what’s the weight. Oh yea, and spring rates. I’m not being sarcastic. :+1:

You will be able to find details at [expired link]

$85 on eBay shipped from China. Not so bad…

1 Like

Sheeeewt…I can get a complete for that price from China with extra all terrain wheels!

1 Like

OK makes sense! I took all of the struts out of my cars today and I’m amazed at the difference. No need for liquid dampening. I’ll be ordering a bunch of these from you. It’s cool too! Now I can rock my cone/cone bushings on all of my builds. It looks sooo much better! With your springs of course!

This forum’s amazing! The willingness to educate everyone is top notch. Can’t wait for your videos

2 Likes

Lol I know ur sarcastic…just the streerting stabilizer is 85 on ebay

What struts u take out. I need to make my Tampa more stable.

2 Likes

All of them! Macphereson was an idiot! I’m going to bounce on down to the coffee shop now…

Springs brotha!

1 Like

Lol is this English

1 Like

$85 for that gpr type stabilizer? That’s a good deal.

1 Like

Yup it’s in the way to me since yesterday :laughing: Feel much safer going 40mph on my longboard. Feels solid no flex or wobble evr. But trampa is mad sketchy after 30mph. Need a stabilizer for my trampa

1 Like

Have a link? I want one on my dybbuk build.

I think I saw this episode of South Park already. Lmfao