Stabilised skateboard truck | Anti Speed Wobble Tech.... Advice from a moron

I’m trying to put it nicely, you are dead wrong, we do enjoy having you in the community but we would love it if you stopped spreading rumors and “fake news” around the forum, especially the belts breaking when wet thing, you were outvoted 15 to 0

1 Like

Again you’re polite…so I am quite happy close this thread… if you can help me how to close it.

I completely disagree. Why should he be welcome here? He is rude, abusive, and intentionally spreads his opinions as false facts.

1 Like

now now … be nice

I don’t think there is any reason to close the thread, just please stop talking about how unsafe and horrible drivetrains 90% of us use. It is making it extremely confusing for new users to understand the electric skateboard world

1 Like

Be nice? You forfeited that courtesy when you decided to ride.

I agree GrecoMan… if anyone still not happy with me or this thread… please help me to close my account :slight_smile: I am serious.

you’re now polite so I will take your comments seriously.

No need to close your account either, unless of course you really want to. I’d say, take a break and come back tomorrow and see if you still want to shut down your account. If you do, contact @treenutter privately and I’m sure he’ll do it for you. Have a nice day!

1. small stones and tree twigs often get caught between the pulley teeth causing the belts to snap during high speed; Nope, mostly just bounce off, even if get caught, it rides fine. I had to remove some stones but that’s it.

2. when belts are wet from rain they easily slip and are bulnerable to snapping. If belts snap during braking, the rider is unable to stop which is a safety issue; it’s due to user error in wrong belt tension. never snapped because of wet. if anything u can spray belt conditioner for once and good for life. Thanks to teflon coating. And also, remember to use foot brake. when belt snaps off at high speed, the board just slows down, u still in control.

3) fail to maintain your chain, and you run the risk of all kinds of mechanical mayhem. Electric skateboard chains are thinner than bike/bicycle chain. A chain can break … and be fatal. Same concept as belt, it breaks, don’t panic, just foot brake.

Other issues with belts: 4) belt-drives incur more power loss than chain-drives or direct-drive hub motors; Wrong! maybe inefficient, not loss in power. two different thing man.

5) belt-drives cost more overtime. The life of the belts are comparatively shorter, and require frequent replacement due to wear, tear and snapping; Wrong Again! Correctly tension-ed belt can last a year. Actually, hubs will have to replace the thane when chipped.

1 Like

Thanks man…you are a good chap

1 Like

Thank you for your comments… I am not so sure about your comment on number 4. May be I just need a bit more convincing.

Convincing sounds like a tomorrow thing. Please take a day or two away from the forum and come back, it’ll give everyone some time to cool down.

I don’t know who got into ur head and said hub is the best, but it’s still very early stage in development. Thane is the biggest issue for hubs, too thine or too thick. either way it cracks and chips out.

not only that, thane debond from the motor, why do u think wheels have cores embedded into meats of the Thane.

What about vibration, motor shorting, hitting large crack. I bent truck hanger before so will motor survive? How about torque? it doesn’t brake as well as belts. What about sizes? does it have 97mm?

I’m not here to say hub is suck. I actually want to buy nice hub. But These issues aren’t addressed and not been resolved.

Where as belt, I can get 10 for $20 in aliexpress. How much is a quality Thane.

What about people want penumatics, mt board? can u call those garbage cuz use belt? They use like 120amp per motor, still goes strong over puddle.

4 Likes

Me too dude!!!

Fuck you @skateboardstabilizer

:wink:

What I’m saying, energy will be loss in heat and friction in belt. but the power output will be relatively the same because biggest load is the person who ride it. u can’t compare 200lb gorila vs 15mm belt correct?

Just hanging back letting all my “slaves” (as he put it) tell this dumb ass the difference between up and down…

I have builds that Jerry from Carvon will flat out tell you roll as well as his. No resistance. They are tension’d correctly and not misaligned.

2 Likes

Guys…belt safety is no laughing matter

21 Likes

Dear Mr Stabilizer,

I am one of the 68 people that watched your hub/belt vs chain drive video.

Most assuredly, all these negative comments will stop if you can any of the following on this thread:

Post a video of you, or actually anyone shredding on that Raptor chain drive. (Riding as top speed ecetera) Post a pic of your sweater that snagged on the grip tape while filming.

1 Like