Stabilised skateboard truck | Anti Speed Wobble Tech.... Advice from a moron

/ close thread

5 Likes

+1 to close this thread

11 Likes

Dude you can use facts to prove anything. You’ll never understand how amazing this product is unless you have more “faith”. Faith in the belief that facts and evidence are meaningless and just fancy tools that smart people use to try to talk the sheeple out of blindly throwing their money at the troll oil peddlers. A person on the internet says their product will work if you just have “faith”! What more do you need? Don’t over think or even think, just buy it! Hell, buy two! Just in case you need to hold a tarp down or keep your car’s hatchback closed when you take home that sweet, free bed frame you find at the bottom of your favorite downhill run.

/sarcasm

P.s. @psychotiller it’s good to see you back on your feet, er, skates! You healed fast! Looking goood!

4 Likes

My knees looking good right?! They put a spring in it

6 Likes

Sweet! You got some cutting edge doctors there. Looks like they even know that springs are more efficient when they’re covered in hair.

1 Like

Speaking of hairsprings @mccloed is busy putting some of these on his latest build.

2 Likes

I think your just having too much fun now :joy:

1 Like

This was a funny, and at times horrifying thread. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen some ass hat pushing :snake: oil in a skate forum. Thanks for posting, and trying to set people straight. It’s been a while since my last case of speed wobbles, and I ended up riding it out. I’m a little afraid that someone with little skating time going to end up dead, because even seasoned ride can make mistakes .

1 Like

Could not agree more. Praise him, PRAISE HIM :innocent:

1 Like

But hoping it went well and you are recovering well.

Its a bitch but you need to take your time. My moto that kept me going at times was:" It could allways be worse" :wink:

1 Like

I always say “it could have been my dangly bits!” And that usually makes me feel better!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Very good point lol

I feel like that certain poeple should get a new feature on the forums. For intances, somone posts “innovation” in regards to trucks and stability, then I would have the possibility to sort of Sign the post, by saying approved by XYZ or dissaproved by.

Lately I see so much unfounded weird shit on here. Random claims, poeple “helping” in build threads who themselves never built anything with wrong information. Or poeple searching for riding tipps and gettingg horrible and dangerous suggestions.

Thougght about it like a quality controle of sorts, where we don’t delet or flag a post, but would be able to Sign it with our seal of approval.

7 Likes

People don’t understand that speed wobble isn’t exclusive to skateboards. Motorbike, cars, bike etc, they all have speed wobbles, just under diff name :death wobble, tank slapper, speed shimmy. They all have one commonality, the unfixed axis or steering wheels, is always the part of the vehicle that violently shakes back and forth whereas the fixed axis/wheels is then being lead by the force of the steering wheels trying to counter it with stability. Our esk8 has 2 unfixed axis! Locking up one of the axis will only decrease the steer-ability of the skateboard but wont decrease wobbling significantly! Think about it this way, cars, bicycles and motorbike, they all have rear fixed axis but yet they still have the wobbles. Locking up the rear trunks is like imitating a rwd car.

“…When a speed wobble occurs, it doesn’t begin as a slight wobble and build to a larger and larger amplitude but rather begins at a point known as critical speed, or the point at which the board crosses the Hopf bifurcation value, and shakes violently back and forth at a more set amplitude…” This is fukin physics!

The best way to decrease speed wobbles is weight distribution and experience. I decrease speed when i reach a slight wobble. My body then learn to get used to that speed on this platform (or eboard in this case) and i learn to distribute weight and pressure from my legs efficiently. The next time I get up to the same speed I was able to increase my speed cap. Point is, there are dozen of other factors that can contribute to a speed wobble, road condition, wind condition, wheels condition etc. Don’t just rely on a locking mechanism.

4 Likes

That sounds like something the likes can be used for

well said. I completely agree. 8

1 Like

I believe a karma-system would work. Where each of us can upvote/downvote answers. I have seen it done on mutiple forums - and it works very nicely :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Tensioner Set

2 Likes

Do you ever carve or ride faster than that? Not sure I saw those springs do anything…

2 Likes

10 Likes