Stabilised skateboard truck | Anti Speed Wobble Tech.... Advice from a moron

Why would anyone pay you $200 to put a spring on a truck even if it did make things better. Surely I could get some springs and o-rings myself for maybe $20. More like $5. how bout selling them for $20 and then it won’t be rediculous.
I still don’t believe this would work regardless of who sold you a patent or what religion you are prey to

2 Likes

Hey Hummie, I can’t blame you for not believing. But for the benefit of science I would encourage you to test it yourself and to prove it to yourself that it does not work - however if it works I would be more than happy to receive your support to help us educating others.

Send @Hummie a sample to try out, or @psychotiller

3 Likes

8 Likes

Did not read all of the convo here… but otherwise im glad someone has come up or is trying to come up with solutions to get some more stability at speed!

@Mobutusan your solution looks quite interesting! I think carver boards actually used something similar while they were developing their trucks.

@Mikeomania12 what you posted also look like an unique way to solve the problem by using off the shelf components…

I’ve never had speed wobbles myself so don’t need anything new. I’ve got my trucks cranked down so hard most often I can barely do a u-turn but I like it. But that price…maybe some unlucky person went down from wobbles would be willing to pay that but seems rediculous as I said. But how will you prove it works? I’d like to see how you could do that. How can you say it works otherwise? I don’t see logic that it would yet. @wmj259 I doubt I would use them even if free

Trampa also use a spring but include some type of bushing inside and on the page state "Loose steering will result in speed wobble at high speeds ". How could what you’re doing be any different? http://www.trampaboards.com/atb-spring-trucks-c-189.html.

Thank you Okami.

Yeh my stabilizer should arrive in a few days. Need extra L shaped brakets for mounting to the board and the hanger. Havent figured it out yet. Then will report back on how it works.

2 Likes

Dude they are $31 off. Maybe we could do a group buy :thinking:

3 Likes

Thank you Hummie. You have asked me one of the important questions which I have been waiting for. Your question: "Trampa also use a spring but include some type of bushing inside and on the page state "Loose steering will result in speed wobble at high speeds ". How could what you’re doing be any different? Here is my answer. There are few obvious differences - one obvious one is I use tension springs, not compression springs. They behave differently. With tension springs the movement of the axle engages the tension springs which store and release the pull energy in such a way that the skateboard maximizes the friction between the skateboard wheels and the road surface. For example, when the left wheel moves up due to a road bump, the gap between the board and the right wheel widens causing the right spring to expand, and the right spring will immediately retract to its normal state when the spring’s retracting strength is greater than the pressure applied to it. When the right spring retracts it forces the axle to push the left wheel to be in contact with the road surface. Equally, when the right wheel moves up it will be pushed down by the left spring when the spring’s retracting strength is greater than the pressure applied to it. Thanks for your very good question.

4 Likes

I prefer conventional bushings rather than some type of bushing. This is because the conventional bushings, although they have drawbacks, are still essential to the skateboard’s stabilization and the present tensioners reinforces the conventional bushings to improve the overall skateboard stabilization.

well, atleast he fulfilled one of jasons smaller ideas, a dual drive single motor. same power as a mono drive, bit more torque than one obviously because both back wheels are moving, thatd allow safer braking too, unless that’s also someone else’s build

Power decided by the motor, and torque by motor and gearing, not if its two wheels drive or one. Only one wheel can brake with this

The explanation here for why a spring in tension would be any better than compression for stopping oscillations is a word salad without any substance.

1 Like

4WD? All wheel Drive?

Doesn’t matter. Torque is supplied by the motor and gearing. The number of driven wheels is irrelevant. Torque and traction are two different things. Just like opposed tension and dampening…

1 Like

Just for the heck of it. I’m going to build one 4WD with 2 Turnigy Motors SK3-63-XX and use my mounting brackets.

So far @Hummie has the lead with that last 31 line response. Can he hold it! Time will tell, as I am rivited to this thread.

cool I’m in the lead but deep down, and it sound hooky, but all of us here are on the same team. @skateboardstabilizer has kept his cool despite being the target of all our easy jabs and we appreciate that and with his staying cool I’m sure we’ll all help him in the end. Been an exciting day on here: i’m sick in bed.

@skateboardstabilizer i see you sell a double mount for one motor. I’ve never had one but from what I’ve read and makes sense to me you would need a one-way bearing or something of that sort on one of the two wheels if you plan to turn since the wheels can’t be locked at the same speed as the outside wheel needs to do more rotations. I’ve never tried it though but it sounds like you haven’t either. I think we’re all curious about you and your maybe new business! I think you should rework it. The spring thing is far fetched but the mounts seem cool and maybe just need that one-way bearing. how bout you do a blow out sale and get rid of everything at cost! If you even manage to send things to people within a week and they work you’ll be doing better than many. Build your rep then go for the jugular

2 Likes

@Hummie a single"sprag bearing" or ratcheting mechanism would allow independent wheel movement turning one direction while locking the axle going straight and turning the opposite direction. A differentiating device for a single motor would be the option . Dual sprag bearings would render brakes useless.

1 Like