Squatcher30 is starting a company

@Squatcher30 I’m not sure if you are to the naming stage yet. But I think “Mach 2” would be a good name.

11 Likes

LMAO WHY YOU GOTTA DO HIM LIKE THAT

hahahaha

12 Likes

Wheels? Where we are going, we don’t need wheels …

We already have all the names figured out, I just have to do the trademark registry this weekend. Gonna be epically successful. I hold myself to high stakes.

Just absorbing some SlipKnot right now as I design away.

The high stakes thread!! I like it,

Maybe “Slave boards” would be a suitable name? Sounds rad!

7 Likes

I’m 99.99% convinced this person is a troll.

9 Likes

Wait, you are planning to start up a company and make electrical things and you don’t know that bluetooth can barely handle a wireless speaker when a person walks between phone and a speaker

Im recommending you an airlive wl 1700 usb antenna for wifi access without walls it claim to have a 25km radius of signal, make a wifi remote and you are safe

1 Like

9 Likes

@Squatcher30 hit me up i have an endless supply of inexpensive lithium-ion prismatic packs in a 10S1P configuration that could keep your costs down.

2 Likes

Perhaps you would be interested in my project at http://eboardshop.net/product/advanced-electric-skateboard-remote/ Its an advanced remote control made for the DIY community. It has everything such as telemetry, reliable connection using FHSS, long range, multiple receivers support, front, back, and left/right signals, cruise control, adjustability, safety functions, and many more.

1 Like

If you are going to make your own Bluetooth module for a remote, you might have to get the FCC certification. 2.4 GHz is way overpopulated.

Are you mass producing whatever this board is going to be? Or are you hand making them yourself?

@Squatcher30 I want you to read this thread: Horrible Communication By AlexTech - #527 by treenutter - General Discussion - Electric Skateboard Builders Forum | Learn How to Build your own E-board the most recent posts in particular.

This community has a newfound intolerance for those boasting about “companies” with big promises and no product or history to back it up. I encourage you do to great things, but also caution you to save the marketing language until you have something to show.

Right now, you seem about as legitimate as AA Torque Systems. Give yourself a chance to succeed by bringing innovation before you tell everyone how epically successful you are :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I wish you great success!

Out of curiosity, have you priced product liability insurance?

I’ve been wondering that about all the “garage” electric skateshops out there.

1 Like

For the same reason people want wireless mice on their computer.

Obviously, I frequently use my computer from another room and sometimes when I’m outside too I can still use it since the mouse is wireless. No longer do I need to be right in front of it to use it. I mean, the monitor and speakers don’t work anymore from that far away, but who needs those. I’d rather deal with my mouse having required cyclical maintenance instead of just always working.

/s

2 Likes

Actually, not to distract this thread but I am needing a handful of 10s1p <99wh li-on batteries terminated xt60 to piggyback in order to fuel a eSk8 trip in Feb over seas. Can I source those from you, and perchance they are 30Q or better or 25r?

possibly. with or without BMSs?

I will add this to our PM thread so not hijack this thread. Answer is immediate need w/BMS, longer terrm answer is clearly BMS independent. Given time pressure, easier to deal with builtin bms, Right now relying on a couple of these LiGo batteries which are great but too expensive to buy a bunch of and throw in airline carryon lol… http://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/ligo-batteries.html

How many do you have, and how much do you want for all of them?