Squatcher30 is starting a company

I am starting my own electric skateboard company and designing my own board/s. Are there any bluetooth remotes already out on the market, or is Evolve the only one who makes them?

No. I’ve been searching for quite a while and there aren’t any companies that I can find that make a bluetooth transmitter that can be a DIY addition. There are only a few select board companies that make them for their own boards. The costs are crazy high, so I’m trying to see what I need to invest in.

no I mean about starting a company. what are the specs of the board you are planning to produce?

Without shedding too much info, let’s just say I’d be able to compete with the Evolve board and reach the market for at least $500 less than they are asking, yet provide many enhancements. I’m thinking we are gonna need to have our own remotes produced too.

if your planning on bluetooth for signal, forget it. it will disconnect in populated areas

3 Likes

Hahaha another one…or the same one…

4 Likes

Let it go Bro. He is about to CRUSH Evolve. Just enjoy the show ya know? lol

8 Likes

So 2.4ghz is actually a safer option? I own a Scramboard (Trampa board with dual 3,400w motors, 2 VESCs, Maytech etc. It goes 30mph). The signal drops out near intersections due to some type of signal coming from the streetlights.

Just buy a diff remote no need to start a company :+1:

$50 nanox shipped within the US, you want?

2 Likes

But if I buy 500 and and make a dollar each, I’ll be a flippin thousandaire. Simple economics.

4 Likes

yes dude. use 2.4ghz for comm and bluetooth ONLY for telemetry. i think you need to do a bit more research before building and selling any boards.

3 Likes

My goal is to produce the highest quality e-board on the market for $1,500 or less. I have a team of people working for free for me. Don’t count me out just yet. I want to make electric transportation a viable option. I never said I’m going to crush Evolve. They are a respectable company and they produce a great product. I am producing something … new.

Just give me $1500 and I’ll mail you board, k?

1 Like

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

clear

3 Likes

Well, I’m a business mogul, a pillar of industry. Not necessarily a mathematician.

4 Likes

No you didn’t, I did.

1 Like

Why is a wired remote option such a bad idea? You wouldn’t have to charge your remote and it’s not like you’re going to use the board when you’re not on it, right? I’ve seen a few boards with wired remotes (cheap boards yes), but what’s your opinions on that?

It’s not. But it’s not pretty.

2 Likes

an idea I had was to have a wired connection that goes to the board and disconnects in the instance you go flying off the board for some reason, but that would be disastrous if the plug came undone somehow while going downhill. Idea scratched. I just researched 2.4ghz. Looks like the choice we are going with, along with bluetooth for telemetry. In the next year, I will launch our website and begin selling our boards. We promise to make them the safest, most reliable, and most convenient amongst all other options on the market.

I appreciate the feedback. If you have any suggestions (stuff you wish other e-board companies would have done, we will take them into serious consideration)

With a wired remote, it would be fairly easy to get the cord tangled in the motor, wheel, or belt/pulleys.

1 Like