Build Kit Boards Thread :STAR: Moving Sale Auction: Items Start At $1 ($8.50 Caliber Mounts)

I finally got around to shipping orders today, sorry for everyone who had to wait! Things are a lot slower with an immobilized knee

2 Likes

These turnigy 6374s are not true 6374, they are actually 6384s disguise as 6374 motors.

1 Like

Bluetooth modules back in stock, and I also added some new items for you to check out :laughing:

https://buildkitboards.com/products/w2-thumb-remote https://buildkitboards.com/products/ppm-splitter

2 Likes

I have had an order in with BesTech for a variety of the 80A BMSā€™s with eSwitch 6,10,12s liion/Lipo. Since it was delayed until after the Chinese New Year I wanted to gauge interest here to see if I should increase the order qty. I was also considering getting a few 13s modules for you voltage junkies. Here is the model that I am talking about image

Price will be around $48usd

(That is the lowest price I have seen anywhere)

3 Likes

what you really need is tiny charge only bmsā€™s :wink:

4 Likes

emphasis on ā€œtinyā€

1 Like

You can get them pretty cheap on eBay, Iā€™m also not a fan of bypassing the BMS, so I donā€™t think i will be selling them anytime soon

boooooooo! using the bms in the way it was meant to be used is old school! I just canā€™t cram a massive bms into my already tight enclosureā€¦

also, i can get it for about $10 on ebay but, i have to wait 3 months for it to be delivered by pidgeon from albania

1 Like

Like this tiny

As others have statedā€¦shoving a full size BMS into an Enclosure as well as the extra cells is gonna be tightā€¦ normally you gotta give somewhere.

Also I donā€™t use discharge because I donā€™t want my brakes to stop working when I donā€™t expect them toā€¦ If you set your end cut offs right and use like cellsā€¦the battery should almost act as self balancing. It will keep all the cells evenish if the pack is healthy and not ever over discharged or over ampedā€¦ the BMS is just there to keep that balance tight at a charge.

If we didnā€™t use vesc with cutoffs and Max ampsā€¦yes you need the BMS to do these functions. But we have VESC :slight_smile:

Just my opinion.

2 Likes

In my opinion, with large battery packs itā€™s a must if you want your cells to last longer. Chaka went into some detail in this thread

But itā€™s not for everyone, and in the end itā€™s your build, so you get to decide :smiley:

2 Likes

@jlabsā€¦ a full discharge bms still balances at the same rates as a charge only. The balancing currents are typically always small.

The solution to this, is plug your board in and leave it plugged in over night, itā€™ll charge and balance until its all good. :slight_smile: and as I said beforeā€¦a healty pack built right with fresh cells, that arent overdischarged, or over drawn on amps, stay really well balanced on their ownā€¦

itā€™s why its important to set your battery amps right. and end voltage cut offs properly. Staying within the natural physical limitations of a battery is an easier method, then having a big pack that is abused due to to much current or improper cutoffs for the current draws.

But yea it is upto everyone to choose what they do. There are positives and negatives to both building methodsā€¦

1 Like

Please get Kegel pulleys in stock!

I have teamed up with @rpasichnyk to distribute the Metr Bluetooth modules in the USA! Fast shipping, and in stock. Message me for a shipping discount code (if you are only purchasing a module).

https://buildkitboards.com/products/metr-bluetooth-module

6 Likes

drooling over the bkb 6374! bday is coming up!!!

hehe my other one was beginning to look lonely :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Awesome! :sunglasses:

1 Like

HA! So now we have proof that you donā€™t live in Antarctica after all XD

PAā€¦ :joy:

nahhhhhā€¦ thatā€™s just what @JLabs charges cause HEā€™S in PA

i do live in antarctica :wink: yknow I was seriously wondering how long it would take for someone to say something about that :rofl:

1 Like

The website is temporarily down due to domain issues. Should be back up soon (I hope)ā€¦

4 Likes

looks like shopify is just havin a strokeā€¦

oh btw :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes