Build Kit Boards Thread :STAR: Moving Sale Auction: Items Start At $1 ($8.50 Caliber Mounts)

Ill buy it. For sure 10s4p

I would buy both if only they shipped overseas. =(

1 Like

Im wondering which kind of BMS’s you need / use. If you could take a minute to answer the poll it would really help me figure out accurate order quantities.

• 10s Li-Ion
  • 12s Li-Ion
  • 6s Lipo
  • 8s Lipo
  • 10s Lipo
  • 12s Lipo

0 voters

I have some thoughts about battery options

Perhaps you ought to start a new thread for this? I don’t think this has much to do with flywheel pulleys.

I try to keep my sale (adv) posts to a minimum, so I’ll just keep it in this thread (I can change the title)

2 Likes

Here’s an idea:

How about selling flat 3s4p 18650 packs that could be connected together in series (bullet connectors?) to make larger capacity 6s or 12s packs? These would come with leads for balance charging, for those customers who do not use a BMS, or have 3s chargers or alternatively they could be plugged into wiring loom kit that includes a 6s or 12s BMS which is available separately (or altogether in a kit).

This would allow flexibility in the capacity of lower budget builds (who might use 6s voltage) to swap out using modular battery packs, or increase the voltage by adding more packs when improving or upgrading their decks. Similiarly, the fact that the pack is small, predictably sized (and hopefully under 99 WH?) there would be flexibility in were it was located on your deck, using the same battery system for a deck with a split enclosure, or single main enclosure.

The only time I have seen this sort of this thing executed well was @Eboosted’s build:

I was going to start my own thread about modular battery systems, which would hopefully permit international customers to purchase.

What do you guys think?

I tried that approach before, to tell the truth was not worth it.

1. Most airlines won’t allow to travel with 18650 packs even if they are below 100W/hr, Li-Ion batteries for electric vehicles are forbidden and considered as dangerous good with high risk for airline carriers.

2. Even if the airline states on their policy that you can travel with Li-Ion batteries, you will be subject to the decision of the airline agent, you could always lie to them, but then it defeats the whole purpose of a travel safe battery

3. Even smart bags with a low capacity batteries have been prohibited.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/06/568813489/airlines-restrict-smart-luggage-over-fire-hazards-posed-by-batteries

1. A battery made of packs connected together with bullet connectors is extremely dangerous, if they disconnect somehow or get loose because of unavoidable vibrations of a daily use, they will spark constantly and could ignite inside the enclosure. The bullets will wear off with time, you can not avoid it.

2. I wouldn’t ever want to be the guy whos battery ignited in mid flight and cause a hazard to 200 passengers and is now facing a millionare lawsuit from the airline and 50 passengers who almost lost their lives and their kids.

3. Finally, if you decide to ignore all risks and go ahead and fly with your board, you will travel with a lot of stress knowing that you might end up with a confiscated USD 400 battery, going uneasy through all security check points, praying God for the batteries to not ignite in midflight and thinking about how are you going to sell your house to pay an expensive lawyer.

Guys just ground ship an extra set of batteries to your final destination and enjoy your trip.

5 Likes

I decided against using this pack in a personal build. I need to get rid of it so PM me for a way to good Christmas deal.

https://buildkitboards.com/products/10s3p-9000mah-30q-battery

@faithfulpuppy @GrecoMan @lrdesigns and anyone else who I cant find that requested 15mm pulley variants.(If you know someone interested please tag them).

I am doing a pre order for 15mm variants of the 32, 36, 40, and 44T flywheel pulleys. For pre ordering I am offering 10% off pre-orders with code “FLY”.

https://buildkitboards.com/products/flywheel-pulley

I would also like to add that there are sometimes delays that I cannot control. But I will do my best to get them to you as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Just got the first pre order for the 15mm pulleys. I was hoping to get a few more by the time I place the order.

I would but I’m tapped out from xmas. Esk8 gotta wait till the new year. :cry:

1 Like

yea bet if you continue preorders into mid january, you’d get atleast a few more. most of us are done spending money for 2017

Haha I love it! I’ll keep the pre order open until I receive the pulleys. If you guys could let me know what your going to order and the quantity I will be sure to mark it down and set them aside.

1 Like

any chance of you stocking steel motor pulleys with key ways? :grin:

If I could find them, I would sell them. But I can’t find them.

2 Likes

wonder where diyelectric get theirs from.

Last call for anyone who wants to jump in with me and @mmaner

2 Likes

@JLabs I’m interested in the flywheel pullies if I didn’t miss the opportunity

You’re good, I’m still doing the pre orders :smile:

Thanks man! I love the Spud btw! Received it on my birthday no less

1 Like