Split truck angles, wtf are they? and why should I care? and other stuff about trucks

I think the Front vs rear vs all wheel deserves it’s own topic but to add to the current discussion:

Back when I was still racing rally cars, my weapon of choice was Front Wheel Drive and it was much faster than Rear Wheel Drive cars on loose hillclimbs. Front drive also has a tendency to level you out when coming out of a turn and getting into the throttle again.

2 Likes

That’s because centrical force on front wheel guide the car like gyro while weight of engine pulls the whole body together. Same thing as the longboard when u think about it. your body weight needs to be at front to stable the board.

1 Like

only down side is that you have less grip. Mine sometimes does that. also you can’t use kick tale or it will be very hard to.

but for speed board I see the benefit.

also car has lot of equipment at front so it is better to put mid engine and rear wheel config where it needs to control big momentum and more acceleration to eacape corners. at least for the racing cars

@Namasaki @treenutter

What do you think? Are we worthy of a split, not really sure where you would start it from… guess that’s why you boys get paid the big bucks :moneybag:

1 Like

Truth is we don’t get paid. We are forum slaves. Serving all members day and night. :grinning:

I’m not sure where to split it either. And my break is over so I have to go back to work. :confused:

4 Likes

well back to the mines

I know Namabro, sarcasm… regardless, just thought it was a direction of merit

2 Likes

Front versed rear then AWD separately?

1 Like

No the split :nerd_face: It’s getting late and i’ve had a shitty day, seems I/you think it might be a thing I’ll surmise & make a topic tomorrow eh?

1 Like

Hoping you have a better day today and beyond…

1 Like

That’s a great post squishy. Thank you for taking the time to put it together. I’m sure many people never give it much thought but its hugely important and there are so many different configurations its difficult for a novice to choose a setup that will match their expectations. I got alot out of it thank you…:+1:

1 Like

Thanks dude, I try to balance my honest criticisms (which do not shy from negativity) with being an open book with what I know and taking the time to pass on what I have learned in a positive way. I believe those around here who know the jedi ways should put in the time to pass it on so it grows and expands and creates change through awareness. Information is power! Pass it on…

5 Likes

Nothing major mate, just winter here down under, staff are sick, someone/me gets left holding the ball :joy:

1 Like

In Australia, Dogs meow and cats bark!!

think of this as drifting… u CAN drift in a FWD car, however the roads usually have to be wet so ur rear wheels lose traction… if u use a RWD then u can force traction loss to extend drifts (slides)

at least thats how i see it

2 Likes

Good read. Thanks dude. I knew alot of this but you explained it way better then I heard it the first time.

1 Like

That was the plan, and thanks dude, I hope it spreads the knowledge. Knowing this stuff actually helps you understand how the skateboard works overall as well…

So ive been wanting to pick up some adjustable baseplates for my SR TKP trucks. Im curious how split angles work when the kingpin is on the other side. Am i over thinking it?

1 Like

@Skunk, what do you mean by “when the kingpin is on the other side”?

I think he means just the RKP vs TKP thing.