Split ppm question

yeah, i’m just having trouble setting up canbus. I’m not sure if I fried my canbus or maybe the settings are wrong, but only the master motor spins while the slave doesn’t

So it wouldn’t be possible to just use 2 PPM and connect it to the mini’s receiver like the video right?

For dual PPM, would the settings be the same as split ppm?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s “Split PPM”

For any of the PPM options you can configure each ESC independently so they could be the same, or different. Your choice. I’ve never used CANBUS so I don’t know about that one.

Damn, am I the only one using the NRF over CAN on this forum? #Feelsbadman

1 Like

So for split ppm would this work? https://www.amazon.com/12-inch-Servo-Y-Cables-Pack-5/dp/B007XP0NXE

I don’t think so; one of the connectors is male instead of 3 female ones.

I would highly recommend just soldering them though and then coating all connections with some sort of conformal coating for waterproofing

The connector in the receiver itself I wouldn’t solder

1 Like

And cut the middle cable on one plug to one of the vescs :wink:

Its early.

Here it’s late… other side of the world :joy:

so I have two male to male ppm cables. if i just connect the two male ends to the female would that work? I’m not sure if trust my own soldering skills hehe

I think the cutting the 5v cable was discussed above anyway so there

I asked the same question some time ago. More replies than you can shake a stick at.

1 Like

Can be…can’t hold up to all the stuff I read :sweat_smile: And thought better to mention than it got lost :relieved:

1 Like

If you can’t solder, you should learn how. Learn on things that aren’t your electric skateboard.

1 Like

Some VESC have a male. Some VESC have no connector at all and only pads on the PCB. That’s an unsafe generalisation.

1 Like

Well don’t I feel like the fucking asshole? You are quite correct my friend the tb one does in fact have a male I believe. Should have established that first. I stand corrected. I will delete my heinous comments forthwith.

3 Likes

With option 3; Does the Bluetooth app still work with that option?

@Superflim Most of us went to the new builders forum. There is more information in the thread for this

https://forum./t/how-to-bind-the-mini-remote/95

You can ask any questions over there