Spiral Bevel Gears Gearbox

Lube. Closed case.

3 Likes

IMHO…unlikely, half the torque we get out of dual motor setups. If anything gear drives will take over belt drives.

That’s only cause he’s using one motor. Two could easily fit on his trucks.

2 Likes

Wish I had some good news to report but I only made it to the end of my block before running into some concerns, I brake pretty aggressively and I think I messed something up, possibly because there is a 3d printed gear and a metal one

1 Like

This definitely will fit 2x 6374 motors and easily can fit larger motors too!

Could you rephrase?

10char

:man_facepalming: Wow… lol

1 Like

you can fit two motors traditionally, so what’s the difference? OK, you can maybe fit 2 larger motors but doesn’t really seem worth the trouble to me.

I mean, I’m all for innovation, but I think what WOULD make this attractive is if you could fit the motor front mount on the rear truck and rear mount on the front truck so you essentially have 4 wheel drive with 2 motors and 2 ESC’s, but unless there’s a way to make the motors fit under the deck in a sideways stance (as they do now) then you lose a massive amount of wheel base that would normally be used for batteries and electronics.

I didn’t say “IMHO…unlikely” just because I wanted to type, I actually thought about it…

2 Likes

I was only half serious in case it does.

It looks like an elongated tit.

I’d put one of them spirals on the top like they do on airplane engines.

5 Likes

Well that, some people don’t like longer trucks but want to be able to run motors bigger than XX55 and this seems a viable way to do so.

1 Like

Needs to be reconfigured to drive both wheels with one motor. That will be a game changer

3 Likes

I can see some crazy light shows with these in reverse mount.

2 Likes

If you put two in reverse then you could use it to wring out wet clothes.

3 Likes

For the motors we use I would hate to think the amount of work a single motor would have to do to do so.

But i was actually thinking of that today, do motors with two keyway shafts exist ? Like instead of dual motors just one long motor with two shafts on the end for pulleys to go on.

I would like to test this with an actual non 3d printed gear. I actually like the idea, and it would be very viable for larger motors.

20180924_155237

I think the 3d printed gear was the only reason this one didnt work out.

3 Likes

Yes, look at aps motors I think the 80100 series

1 Like

damn, that looks shreded

I thought the reason this wasn’t done before was the cost of the gear in metal.

2 Likes

I believe he intends to use metal for the final design and went with the 3D print for the Prototype run to see how things were working

3 Likes