Spiral Bevel Gears Gearbox pre-order

4850e8c511671af271d81f08ce86a8233569b66dc6d300c5ffd80c4bd80b53cc

5 Likes

Well they perform pretty well. I recommended @MorrisHsu to make his own pressfit mount to match the gearbox because unfortunately the current mounting mechanism isā€¦ not very good at allā€¦

But they work great when they work!

11 Likes

Are these working properly now sofu?

They workā€¦ But I think there still needs to be changes and testingā€¦ The mounting mechanism being the key issue and mesh being the second

5 Likes

This thing is quick and sounds amazing, hopefully they could fix the little issues ā€¦:+1:t3:

3 Likes

once press-fit is done, meshing should be fixed as well.

1 Like

Why are you putting some thing on the market when clearly itā€™s a substandard product needs fine tunning to be a marketable unitā€¦thrust bearing I understand?

Maybe you should read the thread. He hasnā€™t send anything out yet. We are still testing it so the final product is more polished and reliable.

19 Likes

Would love press-fit mounts for this. Good suggestions @sofu, press fit would solve some problems and make this a bit more robust.

2 Likes

@MorrisHsu is working on it :smiley:

2 Likes

Wtf are you talking about? What donā€™t people want to hear? Have you read the thread? You do know they are being tested in San Francisco? This isnt some big company making theseā€¦ seeing that youā€™re brand new, You would really benefit from reading

12 Likes

Thank you Bay riders @sofu @Winfly for putting the effort into making this unique drive all it can be and @MorrisHsu for coming up with the idea and listening to feedbackā€¦you guys take your time to get it right

Unique idea deserves space and time to be all that it can be

16 Likes

Thank you very much for your support and waiting.
The new gearbox has been designed and ready to start production
After the production is complete, I will send it to @sofu and @Winfly for the final test.

12 Likes

Thank you for your efforts @MorrisHsu, this is gonna be a great option for people who wanna go fast with big motors on caliber trucks.

Weā€™ve been running the latest version here in San Francisco, and have worked out issues and solutions with Morris. Now that issues have been worked out, so far so good. The new version will be even easier to install :+1:

12 Likes

Take a chill pill ya peanut

1 Like

I take it back. The current mounting mechanism really isnā€™t working out at all :stuck_out_tongue:

61585700_338333583498644_8312631355678654464_n

4 Likes

try LOCTITEĀ® 648, should fix the rotating issue.

1 Like

Weā€™re using loctite already. The hanger seems to be too soft for this type of mounting. Every time there is hard vibration the screws dig into the hanger and drills out little bits until it ultimately shakes loose again

2 Likes

its not screw-loctite, it is ment for shaft coupling. I mount my motormounts/pulleys without screws and they have stayed in place ever since.

1 Like

Oh so it bonds? How permanent is it and how strong? The mount itself has tons of free space around it so I will have to use the grub screws anyways and iā€™m afraid once the screws make another little hole the same thing will happen again