Spiral Bevel Gears Gearbox pre-order

Even if its a rather low gear ratio, it just looks so freaking awesome. Now just need some brake light LEDs stuck on the end of the motors for some kick ass style points

@MorrisHsu needs to colab with @LunarKim on that :smiley:

6 Likes

Or at least reflective tape IMG_20190210_150947~2

8 Likes

I really like the idea and the look - only the gear ratio is a little off for me. I’d prefer a 3:1 ratio (I am currently using a 42/15 ratio on 83mm wheels - larger wheels would need an even higher ratio). Is there a way to change the gearing (would be necessary once you go pneumatics)?

1 Like

Those spacers work well, I did it on one of my builds, I can’t actually remember why now but it’s still holding up

2 Likes

This thread may explode :boom: filled in the form thanks

4 Likes

Thank you for your support!:star_struck::star_struck: I hope everything goes well !!!

3 Likes

Because of the size relationship, it is difficult to change the gear ratio. There are plans for AT wheels, which should be able to achieve this gear ratio.

1 Like

It will be very beautiful at night. LOL

1 Like

I think it would explode if there’s more ride data.

Or did I miss that? I only remember reading about the early failure of the nylon or printed gears. Not much else after that.

Yeah I’d love a video where I could hear what the drive sounds like. If it’s on the quieter side might need to buy some haha

1 Like

I should put more videos here. Yup, at the beginning I used 3D printing gear to let the tester test,But I’ve texted him many times since then and he’s been ghosting me.

1 Like

Of course I can do it But I need to buy the Surfroz truck first.

3 Likes

SR RKP too please :smile:

You just need the hangers, they are not so expressive

Let me know if you need another tester to really put it through the paces here in San Francisco :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Same 10cccccccc

1 Like

Any Chance to see a kegel version on the future?

Oh damn! SF’s in the house!!

1 Like

Nothing is good if it get tested in SF,:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

That’s not what people wanna hear! I feel that’s the reason many companies won’t bring their shit over here. They are afraid to see their product fail :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes