Speed Wobble is real

I remember last time with this discussion I think someone said you can still get wobbles in the motor driven Wheels. I don’t know for sure but it seems strange for a very precisely controlled motor and wheel to be getting influences enough to make a wobble. I think Motors on the loose truck stabilizes them

1 Like

Speed wobble comparison

1 Like

Both videos were part of a wobble analysis performed for Flexboardz by Simpack, a software company (they study high speed train stability). The purpose was to compare Flexboardz design with a skateboard truck regarding speed wobble…

1 Like

What do you think about this…

A 6374 in rear with extended shaft and 1 way beatings. Either dual 50mm or hubs (hummie/carvons) in front. This would leave acceleration at both front and rear, brakes at front and majority of torque at the rear.

Ollin did something like this ice, but dropped it do some reason? I was intrigued but never really tried it. I might now. Thainwill require 3 bescs but I think it wouldn’t increase battery consumption much and should run cooler than a dual rear setup.

I have recently become a fan of front wheel drive too.

1 Like

Just run a 50 baseplate on the front and a 45 or less on the rear. Put some venom double barrels on and your problems should disappear :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that under hard acceleration your average noob, I include myself, weights the rear truck accidentally as they are left behind by the board due to inertia…

I found if I feather the brakes quickly enough the braking takes my weight off the rear trucks and any wobbles vanish.

On another note it’s all a bit academic as I haven’t had speed wobbles for a couple of months now just because I’m more relaxed on the board… (Watch for my next post of a horrific speed wobble crash to follow shortly!!!)

i think sliding across the grass wouldve been my preferred bail =P

Bend your knees, so much that it feels like it’s too much.

that the best way to avoid and cure speed wobbles.

Lower your center of gravity.

3 Likes

did exactly that, except the venoms. Never had to complain about speedwobbles but i felt it become unstable after 20mph+, with that split it became rock solid.

1 Like

Another tip, you can’t get speed wobble if your feet aren’t touching the board.

1 Like

I dunno @CHAINMAILLEKID , Skip to 1:23

2 Likes

Just crashed on my evolve trucks. I put stiffer bushings in and well this was ok however my streets are really bad, and the the 3+ inch break in the pavement sent me in rolli almost made it through but oversteeredMy only complaint is my new tsg pads just slid right off.

@Blitz lol you know that @CHAINMAILLEKID made that video right? No bushing in those trucks.

1 Like

@Colson003 I know, It’s his video. And I’m pretty sure Cheap soft bushings on cheap Trucks or supercarve trucks Kinda loose Would wobble at 30km/h without a rider.

1 Like

Long story short, that tendency to want to turn is what makes RKP more stable. TKP goes back and forth even faster…

1 Like

A bushing has the “normal” tightness when you can’t turn the bushing easily with two fingers. And in my opinion kai is right tighten the kingpin is a transitional solution, fine to try out but if you like to squish your bushing you should buy harder ones.