Yeah the wheels threw enough water at the tiny micro-crevice between the box and the gasket to get in there and start being absorbed by the space cell’s papery packing material as well as the foam. I understand what went wrong and i’m pretty sure i can prevent this from ever happening again.
Luckily the way i laid things out nothing else got damaged, both VESCs are ok and the only issues are with the space cell’s components. The 18650s are fine, but the BMS is acting funny and the voltage display is missing segments. The switch is questionable, but i’ve removed it and the pack is still powered on even when the switch circuit is open. At the moment the cells are disconnected from the BMS to prevent anything else from going wrong.
I’m going to tear down the BMS and go at it with some alcohol and a brush, then find a replacement for the fuel guage. I also ordered a replacement space cell, but that won’t be here for another month and it would be nice to have two of them working. I still have a single drive scarlet prototype to build and i’m about out of cash.