Sorting out the origins of direct drive

This difference of opinions here has nothing to do with anything in 4 years. Just as we all look for nerdy opportunities to correct people on favorite eskate science stuff I’ve been around long enough to tell the legit history and not have it recreated for marketing. The issue was singular: the history of direct drive.
No one is attacking lever regardless of how he feels. There’s one contested point alone. We should probably drop the one point since there’s literally pics showing above and it should be cleared up I’m dropping it but people keep talking about it. dont speculate or complicate it and the thread has one title

7 Likes

Well it’s all settled now, isn’t it? He agreed that he’s not the original creator direct drive. Case closed.

1 Like

you’re living behind the moon? hub morors are old now, they where a thing back then when you could not buy them… diy or die! ~e~ pls don‘t feel offended if you bought hub motors

Who are you talking to my friend? Are you ok?

i just tried to make a funny conclusion. you ruine it:(

1 Like

I guess he’s still high in the alps.

thats for sure!

You forgot @moon tag in your message, but I got your back pal

BTW @sayekim ain’t this guy signed up on the builders forum? (see link) can’t find him lol

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55266&start=50#p869390

Wut? I’m already on the builders forum.

What is this other forum you’re talking about?

Seriously, I have not seen the other one before.

What am I missing :exploding_head:?

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/

1 Like

There’s actually 3 , endless sphere , the forum on the VESC tool page, and here. I think there’s even a fourth but I can’t recall if it’s Vedders old one or something else

1 Like

Endless sphere is the best. If you havent been there move on over to the smarter friendlier forum. Somehow, maybe it’s heritage with the ownership of the saintly other jason, jason lee! who owns grin tech. If u haven’t been to his site worth going to. He’s an awesome guy made lots of awesome stuff…in fact!!!..you can see his fantastic guide on how he made a direct drive in maybe 2012 or 2013 on there. (I know u know it nordie and some others)

4 Likes

E scooters and e skates in one category. No thank you.

It also looks a lot less organized. I don’t think I want to get used to the format. I guess it works better on a desktop version but I’m 99.99% browsing on my iPhone 7. I know, tiny right. It used to be an iPhone 5 back in 2016.

Oh well this escalated quickly!

More seriously, yea Endless Sphere is basically gold if you need any knowledge on electric drivetrains for any size… But yea for e-sk8 related infos, builders is better.

1 Like