Some New FOCers (84V VESC 6 based controllers)

So these companies are currently taking a risk without these certs?

Very much so. Could even be calculated in the price :wink:

2 Likes

hmmm…I may not take that risk. FCC “unintentional radiator” testing can run $1,000USD to $1500USD. Probably less costly than the consequences of an investigation. Yes the price tag could help compensate for such things without inflating the price beyond reason.

The fine in Sweden was 10 000 euro few years ago, if investigation would show that your product did not comply with the EMC standards + you pay for the test. If extreme enough you’d have to recall all products. So yea…

Sad truth is that even though we have these controlling organs run by our government together with EU. They dont have time to do more then a few random tests on products by huge commercial chains buying bulks of thousands. By the time they get tested they’re usually taken out of the sellers current merchendise and replaced by something very similiar (that then needs a new test) and so on…

And the companies living of cheap chinese stuff of course uses this system to thier benefit. Once in a while they get nailed tho, but can afford the consequences.

The big risk is actually selling to different locations in the world… Since different parts have different rules, USA and FCC beeing the strictest on radio emissions. You could get into some deep trouble xD.

1 Like

Yes I can see how some just simply play the system. I’d rather do it right though. Especially since my controller design doesn’t have any wireless communication devices. This makes getting these certifications cheaper and easier. Users can always add cheap modules if they want wireless.

I’ll need at least NRTL, CE, and FCC certifications to properly sell worldwide. There my be some I missed there. Some can simply be declared like CE. I think its worth the trouble in the long run. I won’t be conducting business in constant fear of an investigation.

Start with one market to begin with and an EMC chamber that does pre-compliance (isn’t accredited). Its alot cheaper and good enough. Not sure if you noticed, but you cant buy the VESC6 from trampa with the NRF module if you’re in America.

Which I personally think is a good business practice by Trampa.

1 Like

Ah. I see there are some tactics here. It appears there are different ways to approach this. I really appreciate the advice. This information is hard to come by and may usually not be free.

Regardless of certs, I still have to make something that works in the first place. It will be full steam into the New FOCers after the Cheap FOCer beta testing.

2 Likes

Its a very smaaaall department of nerds like me that work with this kind of shite. We’re friendly and kind but dont like direct sunlight; .www.shortlink.se/en/

3 Likes

Yes…a familiar web page :wink:

2 Likes

84V FOC controllers? Holy shit.

We have a test platform that could handle that. it has 10" pneumatic wheels, brushless inrunners, and 20mm belts, it just needs the ESC and a repacking of a drawer full of evolve cells.

5 Likes

I wanna see a CAN-bused pair of Bad MF FOCer

@Martinsp has my address if you want to see it mated Gimp style to a set of these

https://shop.electric-skateboard.net/diy-tuning/wheels-tyres-rims/367/beba-intermediate-eversion-10-x-4.00-5-offroad-e-boards-tyres

But only beach…we are very much talking about a serious e-vehicle & I am running out of body parts

Maybe @moon can encourage some carnage

1 Like

what the hell is that and what the hell is that site lol

3 Likes

Yep. Hope you guys got some low kV motors around.

1 Like

They are tubeless front kart wheel wheels 11" X 4", I think they mount to these

I think @Duffman has run something similar

It would require a custom gear drive winky winky

Motor-wise, a pair of 130kv 80100, something like this

https://frchobby.en.alibaba.com/product/60481041439-803193582/MP_80100_KV130_RC_Outrunner_Brushless_Motor_for_E_Bike.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.10.487d7e15qVI6Na

Not Overkill, probably roadkill

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

I was at one point some time ago close to order this wheels :joy: But the thing which hold me off was that I have no access to any cnc work shops and for now also no idea how I could get all the parts done I would need for it.

1 Like

Yeah, I think community-wise we are getting closer with various mounting options.

Duffman overcame that challenge by…well being able to custom make anything he wanted

Apart from a gear drive which supported the mounting points which is possible with the right person, the only thing needed is a custom standoff from the hub to the drive plate, that should be it.

Maybe we should take it to a new thread & not FOC up Shaman’s thread here, sorry about that old sport

1 Like

My gear drive uses an adapter to attach to wheels. I imagine the adapter could be 3d printed out of nylon or something strong for testing

So it’s probably possible

At the same time this thing looks like it needs some mad ratio

@banjaxxed pm me if you want to chat about this lolz

1 Like

@banjaxxed @moon I am literally designing a gear drive for these and the even bigger Mefo go kart tires right now. Aiming for a ratio of ~1:7 and helicals :yum:

3 Likes

Alright everyone. I’ve made a new thread in the esk8 news forum. Please redirect your attention over there if possible. The new thread is where I’ll be posting updates, answering questions, and receiving suggestions.

I am not actively deleting this thread on the esk8 builders forum. It will remain as a reference for all as long as it exists.

https://forum./t/some-new-focers-84v-vesc-6-based-controllers/1513

3 Likes

http://teamtriforceuk.com/a200s-v2/ I know you wil pay more but i think this is a way better option, way more output power