SOLD OUT - Bestech BMS Group buy, 8 though 12s options available

Yes. I want to wire up an 8s configuration. I read that the 10s one would be fine for that.

Yea not sure where u read a 10s bms would work for an 8s, but that’s not true at all.

U have to get a bms specific to your battery config.

Oh ok. I need 8s then

Liion or lipo?

Lipo 10 characters

K lemme ask

got a quote back, it’ll be basically $55 per bms, rounded up slightly.

for liion, upper voltage cutoff will be 4.1v, lower 2.9v. if you’re not happy with these values, i’m afraid you’ll have to start your own order, i don’t really want to complicate this with a bunch of different models.

to that end, @Sapphirinia, do you still want me to inquire about a 8s bms for lipos? lipo cutoff should be a lot higher, like 3.2v, but you can control that through vesc. should be ok with 4.1v upper limit though.

I’m still a noob, so if you’re pretty sure it will work, I’ll go with what you choose. I believe I want the 8s one though, to be safe.

ok, i’ll ask them about 8s.

although…this might be a good time to step it up to 10s…go big!

I had 12s actually, but I killed one of my batteries. I wound up getting 2 with more AH. I’m running a Penny Nickel anyway. It pretty much shot out from under my feet. Other people fell off it trying to start. I got used to it but it was still pretty powerful.

oh you got that short ass wheelbase.

saw your build thread, and about shorting out on your jean button. that’s kind of how i destroyed my bms, by shorting it on the heatsink.

ok, we probably wont get a response until monday so will update then.

1 Like

Yea, I’m a lot more careful now… I still don’t think the VESC frying was my fault though…

omg reading through your build thread and SO MANY PROBLEMS. good on you for sticking with it, if that was me i would have abandoned this entire hobby altogether.

Hey just so you know i am going to need a 9s could you get the quote on that?

Yea, I took a lot of breaks from it. But I can’t stand to have a hunk of money sitting there not working…

Also i need for a lipo.

ok, 8s and 9s, good thing you asked now, i was just about to hit send on this email to bestech

Please advise its for a lipo before you send the email.

mentioned this earlier:

Any updates