Solar Powered eboard concept- charging the battery while you ride (DONE BUILDING!)

Solar Skate! no wait… Sun Shredder!

if this was the nineties we would have to incorporate “extreme” in there somewhere like Solar Xtreme or SunX or LightX or something-else-X and always talk in monster truck announcer voices and walk slowly away from explosions.

That’s it.

Solar Explosion Xtreme. You’re welcome. I’ll waive my $1500 marketing consultancy fee and call it pro-bono. I was always a fan of U2 anyway.

sorry i just drank a rather large Sorrento Lemonade.

5 Likes

Ground breaking!!!

How much do the solar cells weigh?

not sure, but they are really light- probably under a pound for the 12 that I bought.

1 Like

[quote=“longhairedboy, post:41, topic:196”] Sun Shredder! [/quote] that! Gj bro! Cant wait for the testing.

if i could , i would place those solar panels underbelly . solar charge it in my car while i rest for a good cool Avocado milkshake :tropical_drink:

dont want to ruin those hard working solar panels by stepping on it . but each their own path . ecstatic to hear and view video of this Sunny Sick Slick !

1 Like

Did you make progress with this built?

Well I haven’t done this, but here’s some advice anyways:

• it will take a long time to charge if your conditions are not perfect. It will take slightly less than forever otherwise :slight_smile:

• Only use monocrystalline solar cells, specifically sunpower

• there used to be some helpful videos on YouTube, for tabbing and cutting sun power cells, that way you get more voltage,

Anybody who’s ever made an solar electric vehicle, like those planes or sailboat or bikes are all using sun power, because eff for surface area.

2 Likes

how’s this holdting up 1 year later?

it got shelved and dismantled a long time ago, but the panels still work great! just not for an “onboard” application…

3 Likes

I am going to do one project on solar inverter which directly convert the variable direct current (DC) output of a photovoltaic (PV) solar panel into a utility frequency alternating current (AC) that can be fed into a commercial electrical grid or used by a local, off-grid electrical network. I have components like 1.array DC connector 2. Inverter 3.battery pack 4.power meter 5.backup generator 6.breaker panel 7.charge controller actually i didn’t know how to assemble this components. can anyone help me? I brought this components from the site https://magesolar.com/

look into youtube videos of creating a solar network. Hard to describe that here.

dear cmatson, I hope that your project are working,

I have some question about your solar skateboard I would know the type of battery that you use ?

Do you Damon?

Do you?

2 Likes

4 year old shit. I like drunk international Andrew…

574de774410b1

1 Like

Very nice project! Like a Hybrid Vehicle