Sofu S3 | HAYA | 12S4P VTC6 + Modular Holders | Surf Rodz RKP 200mm | Maytech 6880 190kv | Unity | FeatherRemote | 18-20:33 100mm

That looks really good.

I notice you have the idlers on the bottom. You might want to mount them on top for when you are braking the belt will have the load on the top.

The rear base plate is slightly off center too.

And for skatan sakes woman cut them mount screws down on your build. It would look a lot better.

2 Likes

:money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

1 Like

Tell me about it!! I’m surveying my inventory right now and I cannot believe all my economy is down poured into this shit!!! (and keep going like the Energizer bunny) :rofl::yum:

IMG_20190106_163236

5 Likes

Great feedback! I actually have dual idlers now and realigned the back so it’s all good! You’re right about the screws, I overshot to begin with cause when I was buying them at the hardware store I didn’t know how long I needed. I’ll go get new screws sometime, it’s only a block away after all

1 Like

I had them sitting around from when I was testing the Unlimited kit with weird hardware, and I’d thought it would be an interesting ridefeel so I put them on

Plus it looks super cool :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

hey @sofu the build looks awesome and crazy. Kinda retro futuristic.

This ballance wire looked like it might get pinched by the screw heads, or are they flush with the orange plastic?

3 Likes

oh yeah so the edges are beveled specifically so the balance wires can run there without being squished. The screw heads are flush inside the holes

1 Like

Wow nice build! I thought this forum is filled with dudes with nipples joke. Guess I was wrong haha :sweat_smile:

Just my honest opinion hope I don’t sound like a sexist…

2 Likes

Yeah it’s champered. And the pieces are pretty tight squeeze into the cutout. It shouldn’t move at all in that direction. @sofu you can take it out to be safe if you want.

It does that. Really looking forward to the test rides because it just has to work looking that good.

1 Like

It’s raining and flooding a bit here in SF… just my luck :weary:

5 Likes

About aircraft design, they have a saying in aeronautical engineering: “if it looks good it will fly good”. I think the same applies here. If the board looks good it should ride great!

1 Like

Any updates on the 6880s? Were you able to fit them on your surfrodz?

2 Likes

About to go hit up @Touch415 and pick them up!

1 Like

Put on the Maytech 6880 190kv, 80% battery on the bench tests at 48mph!

image image

9 Likes

What awesome thing is planned vis-a-vis griptape? Hows abouts different colored frits with a clear bond, paging @Sender

1 Like

In the end I’m going to go with minimal grip tape. simple S3 logo laser cut in grip tape, feet placement grip tape patches also laser cut, and a RB footstop. I want the steel to show through!

5 Likes

Hell yes!

On @Indiangummy’s Haya, we are going to try and sand down the cover, then add glass frit to the raw cover in purple.

To match the “purple mirage” CF going on the bottom. I am psyched to work on it.

I love the raw metal, it looks so aggressive!

I love this build @sofu!

4 Likes

Thank you! Can’t wait to see what y’all do with the glass!

2 Likes

Stainless steel motor cable sheathing, and got in contact with Mark owner of G|Bomb who’s sending me some improved brackets and hardware better suited for eskate… and in the right color this time!

IMG_4991

16 Likes