Sofu S3 | HAYA | 12S4P VTC6 + Modular Holders | Surf Rodz RKP 200mm | Maytech 6880 190kv | Unity | FeatherRemote | 18-20:33 100mm

What? The feather is totally compatible with the unity. Where did I say it wasn’t compatible?

@Jc06505n you have to take the Bluetooth module off if you want to use the internal tx/rx.

2 Likes

i’m dumb. im freakin dumb. i still am confused by what u mean…

1 Like

See https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/metr-pro-next-gen-bluetooth-module/57780/654?u=sofu

@sofu

Do you happen to have a pic of where you removed the unity’s bluetooth? Like a bird’s eye view? I’m going to run feather remote plus the metr pro.

I checked the metr thread. One pic you posted was at an angle. I couldn’t really see it.

Thanks

I connected Metr to the external uart port, and the tx and Rx of feather to the internal TX Rx pairs. counting from the top left on the “internal” header, pin 7/14 are rx/tx, 10/11 are rx/tx

You will need to ask for the firmware, unsure if he will be willing to let you try it but… :woman_shrugging:t2:

I assume ask @Deodand?

Yeah 10ccccc

1 Like

If you want to forward along the FW I sent you I don’t mind. I’ll add it to an advanced config options menu eventually

2 Likes

You’re the man. THANK YOU.

I’m going to post a link up in a bit. Hold tight…

Edit: Here’s the link to the firmware file with internal ports running at 115200. This also has the low speed braking fix.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ng-Gk0CU3XOB-D-ocXVkNCycbUTCykwM/view

Here’s the pinout

This specific firmware is supposed to have UART2 enabled. I’m unsure if UART1 is enabled.

4 Likes

Thank you to much

Love that board, great job

1 Like

Hey Sofu, to plug in the feather remote UART thing , did you change the JST To a male ?

I used both male and female and used the pins on the female (?) end to plug into the headers

1 Like

Hey sofu, for comparison sake what do you have for max discharge set to for your 4P? Did you calculate based off of the 15ah continuous or 30ah continuous until 80deg deg cutoff?

I have motor max/min 95 -60, batter max/min 40/-15 i believe

1 Like

with your setup are you over 60k ERPM with the FOCBOX Unity?

Yeah the Unity is good up to like 100something k erpm

1 Like

thx a million…

Der Spiegel took a pic of me in this board for their micromobility article lol. Too bad I was tired and looked like trash :upside_down_face: but at least I’m in a publication!

32 Likes