Sofu S3 | HAYA | 12S4P VTC6 + Modular Holders | Surf Rodz RKP 200mm | Maytech 6880 190kv | Unity | FeatherRemote | 18-20:33 100mm

Bluetooth module has like 40% of the pinouts and that’s all you need. The rest should be labeled on the underside of the PCB, but you have to remove the heatsink

9 Likes

Lol, you definitely made better use of the deck than I would have. Your build looks incredible :smile: Am curious how those MT 6880 motors perform!

2 Likes

Thanksss I’m super proud of it! I’m forever greatful you sold me this deck

Here’s some data from Metr, powering up Twin Peaks with 15%-20% inclines like it’s nothing

The motors are so incredibly powerful I love it

7 Likes

I was excited when I got dual TB 6380’s. Seemed like the most power without going to go 80mm…

4 Likes

I would like a proper comparison between 6380 and 6880. but Maytech definitely builds better motors.

2 Likes

I thought these 6880’s have the same stator as 6374’s, its just they have an extra large front side bearing and sealed case which makes them more durable?

@sofu how do they feel compared to other 6374’s ?

I think it’s hard to give an informed opinion because i haven’t tried both motors on the same setup so there’re too many factors that vary, but comparing Kaly 6374 vs Maytech 6880, 6880 is definitely stronger. They’re also super quiet on my focbox unity, but that may be because the switching frequency is different than vesc6 default. Again, there’re too many factors different for me to make a direct comparison… But if I had to pick I’d go for the 6880s

5 Likes

I would assume the big front bearing makes them run smoother than most motors and therefore quieter. If the can has a good balance they should have zero vibration.

I think what I mean by quieter is that they don’t have as much of the “foc squeal” as others, but maybe that’s just cause they’re sealed…

the 6880 also has thicker can wall.that why they are 68. it helps containing the magnetic flux so it should feel stronger than 6374

1 Like

More detail please!

2 Likes

That uart port is running at a much higher baud rate to allow a faster fw update, 250Kbaud i believe. I guess could update the fw on the featherremote to run at those speeds and use the Unity uart packets

2 Likes

See here https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/metr-pro-next-gen-bluetooth-module/57780/654?u=sofu

2 Likes

I don’t know about that :thinking::thinking: my kaly 6374 still feel way more torque and powerful, compare to the 6880s,… if anyone looking for a set of 6880 let me know going to swamp back to the 6374 :muscle:t3:

1 Like

A good friend of mine video’d the event and just sent me this screenshot of his editor :heart_eyes:

25 Likes

Sorry im new in this but what is the app for getting all this data :P? That amazing!!

Puffff hope to see that video soon, that board end up looking really nice, and makes me proud of go on the diy road for my first one

1 Like

This board definitely stands out and looks great! I also like that you combined many innovative products designed by the forum members! It’s amazing that we have builders like you!

11 Likes

Thank you, it’s amazing we have creators like you guys at Metr!

4 Likes