So I decided to buy a cheap chinese knockoff instead of building a board, BUT I HAVE A GOOD REASON! i think (LOL JK, no chinesium boards for me :P )

it’s better to talk about watt hours. The general consensus is 10wh = 1km (0.6 miles) However this average was mostly before people had hub motors on their rigs.

Hub motors are a different beast all together & there is no consensus yet on the average power consumption, I would say at this point they might be half as efficient as a satellite configuration… especially if they are not operating at optimum RPM.

the space cell is a 7500mah battery at 36v nominal so 270wh.

the title is right, she is really awkward lol

2 Likes

Hi @mostwanted, thanks for the post, we really appreciate the exposure.

Apologies for the late response, but we only recently noticed some traffic coming to our site from this forum. We won’t be here to sell the Arc Board, but we would be happy to answer any questions anybody may have about it.

Just some clarifications we would like to make: The Arc Board is not “just another chinese eboard”. Our 3-man team is based on the sunny island of Singapore (South East Asia), and the Arc Board was designed and produced in Singapore. We have spent the better part of the last year and a half working the Arc Board, building it up from a very rough prototype into the (almost) finished product that it is now.

We have alot of pride in our work and we hope you understand that we would want to clarify this point. There are many cheap alternatives to electric skateboards in the market, but we believe the Arc Board would prove to be more reliable, and more spec-ed out comparatively.

The intention of the Arc Board was to explore the possibilities of building the smallest, lightest, yet still practical electric skateboard, something we ourselves could use as a daily commute, as part of the larger last mile solution. Every part of the board has been laboured over, balancing getting the best results within the limitations of space on the board.

On price, right now the Arc Board is going for SGD$699, and at that price point we are not exactly making a profit off the boards we sell. We are currently in the beta testing phase to refine and iterate quickly on the board to make it better through crowd-sourced feedback. Sure we could raise the price to match what Boosted and Evolve are asking for, but that would go against our belief to make electric mobility accessible to everybody. We are doing our best to bring costs down so the business can be sustainable, but we are not ruling out the possibility that we may have to raise the price eventually.

Lastly, as part of our beta testing process, we would appreciate feedback on the Arc Board, so if there are any questions or comments with regards to the Board, do let us know, we will be more than happy to take questions and comments!

We can also be reached on the following platforms, updated regularly:

www.instagram.com/arcboardsev

Cheers! The Arc Boards Team

Hi, I know its a bit late but meh. I bought a lectric longboard in may. After about 3 months because of delays such as battery inspections and chinese shipping etc it finally arrived. It was great. I was able to go a max speed of 25ish mph(phone app) on flat ground (i’m 170lbs) and about 15ish miles before it pooped out on me. I had no prior skateboarding experience, but was able to pick it up within 5 minutes on the longboard. I ride it 4 miles to and from school every day. The belt that came with it was defective and broke within the first week, but I emailed them and they sent me a new one (I also bought more online). Levi so far has been really responsive and very helpful with defective products. Apparently he even sent a new deck to some kid that got his run over. I was going to build one but decided it wasn’t worth the trouble. Overall 8/10 on the board (coming from someone with no experience) I would recommend it to anyone who is cheap and too lazy to build their own. I ended up spending a total of $440 for the board including shipping & tax

[quote=“onloop, post:12, topic:2483”][quote=“longhairedboy, post:25, topic:2483”] I fully expect to see naked barely legal women rubbed in oil standing on their boards next [/quote] PLEASE POST UPDATES!

I’m looking at the Lectric Longboards myself. It seems like you can eventually upgrade to a vesc and those trucks look like the would fit some enertion mounts and motors. I really think it might be cool to buy it and upgrade as you go along. I know not that many people have done this but i think it could work out pretty well. You could buy the board and swap in the vesc and an enertion moter for $199, that still puts the board at a pretty cheap price point. Idk. I’d like to hear more from people that own these boards and have done some repairs, maintenance or improvements to them.

1 Like

My bro and I got lectric boards recently. Theyre $500 now, plus $25 shipping. They definitely reach just over 20mph and close to 20 miles range as stated (around 50-80% throttle, closer to 10 miles full speed). Support seems helpful, though you dont ever want to have to send the board back for repairs since they make you pay return shipping, which is $40+ (from nyc at least).

My board had an issue with the bms in the first week so I’m trying to work the board without it by changing the wiring a bit and charging it externally. My bro’s is still working well. I got unlucky but chances are nothing like this will happen to you.

They offer a 6 month warranty but honestly you could probably fix most of this stuff on your own. 20mph is great for commuting in cities, and you could always add another 6s battery +modify the casing a bit for extended range.

There’s a guy on youtube who has multiple of these “chinese clone” boards who modifies them and is always saying how great they are for starting off with getting into diy. These boards are very easy to open up and tamper with. He has many videos explaining how to do various upgrades and whatnot which I’ve found to be extremely helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/drcircuit

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing but I need advice, I’m doing systems engineering at school and I need a project on a budget. Do youse think that if I buy a cheap knock off board

https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/250W-Wireless-Electric-Powered-Skateboard-4-Wheels-Longboard-W-Remote-Control/312057892219?hash=item48a8198d7b:g:Z7MAAOSwXzNacwH1

That I’ll be able to replace it with quality parts ? Or I’m a better off making one from scratch?

Just get a meepo. The motor is way stronger the battery is bigger. That or go the DIYEboard route and build yourself a belt setup.

Okay thank you, I’m looking at one with a smaller battery becuase I’m looking to transfer it onto a smaller board to make it more portable :+1: