So Cal Performance Day

Derek you are an animal big props you need a wheelbarrow to carry your balls thanks to all had great time I see nothing but commitment from everyone there esk8 future is bright lots of great boards

3 Likes

Really had great time at performance day you have some really clean boards watching Moe carve your board in the figure 8 was cool see you guys soon looking forward to next meet up

3 Likes

Wow! That is fast! :+1::open_mouth:

What board and setup was used?

1 Like

No bent axles! Perfectly straight son!

2 Likes

Some of my boards use 10mm axles though. Thereā€™s always a path to the ā€œbeefyā€

1 Like

Did you have the rear damper hooked up?

I can set the esk8tests.com site up for tracking the different records that we want to maintain. Single engine and dual engine make sense. SCTA has all sorts of classes based on motor type, frames, streamlining, etc. But they have also been doing this for a long time and have gathered interest slowly across multiple classes. I think we start simple with a few classes (stock, modified) and motor types (single, dual, quad?) along with an overall. We can always add to it as interest grows.

2 Likes

Mmmā€¦ 4wd three link Stooge mobile with six shootersā€¦

:gun: Every Outlaw Needs A Gun

Shitā€¦ Iā€™d even line up for one of those :grin:

2 Likes

Video update- got a bunch of editing done last night. I think this will end up being 4 videos when Iā€™m done. The first one will be an overview of the day with the fastest run in each category. Should be ready this weekend. Then I will do a separate video for each event (top speed, 50m, and figure 8) with each personā€™s best run. Those will take a few days to put each together. I think this will be the best approach because it will keep the total video time of each down and give a chance to measure the views on each event to see where public interest lies.

I did interviews with a few people that day, but the wind made them difficult to hear. Moeā€™s is useable but the rest wonā€™t make the cut. Lesson learned- Iā€™ll bring a mic with wind screen next time.

For anyone that made a run that day (or whose board made a run), post any details about your board that you want here and Iā€™ll add it as a text in the video so people know what type of board did what.

5 Likes

Iā€™d buy one!

3 Likes

Video is posted. Let me know what you think. Itā€™s an overview of the day with fastest run in each category. Iā€™ll work on another video for each event (50m/100m, Top Speed, and Figure 8) and feature as many runs as I can in those. Moe, I stole your crash pic for click bait on the video. :scream:

11 Likes

Bait clickedā€¦ was that cracking sound at the end the Stooges face streeting? (Brandonā€™s helmet hitting the deck) :scream: & @ChrisChaput smoking it in the aero crouch/ tuck for the 50 :sunglasses: Way to go awesome! Canā€™t help but think even a Trampa HS11 or like with front disks you could slide the rear around the cones rally style and find some time if you had the straight line grunt?

1 Like

Talking about the crashes at the end? The biggest crack was from Derekā€™s brother (2nd crash), but it was a little out of focus. Pretty sure Moe took a crack, too.

2 Likes

I like how my only appearance in the video is a crash, I wouldnā€™t have it any other way :joy:

Great work on the video @NummThumz

4 Likes

I promise you will get more screen time in the event videos, but you are one of the stars of this one. :wink:

4 Likes

Chatter on Reddit and YouTube is around the 100m time being slower than Usain Bolt. I think we have a challenge for our next event. It would be funny to get a sprinter on a track next to our fastest board.

Being that he can only run 44.64 km/h (27.73801) Somebody needs to read their stats betterā€¦

but he can run the 100m in under 10s. and the posted 100m time for the SPD was over 10sā€¦ vmax might be higher but elapsed time is slower :frowning:

1 Like

Ian rode my sector nine gun to 50 kph running 2000 kV single inrunner on 4 s. not bad Ian great job. My sector nine was so consistent 48 49 50 kph times. I have a range of around 16 miles on a charge,but have not tested it for max yet.building the race board with Moe and I expect to have the fastest single motor board running. Again had great time with everyone vid is great keep up the awesome job sean

4 Likes

omg i love this, sounds are heavenly =)