So Cal Performance Day

It’s where psycho does business

1 Like

7 Likes

dual 6374s? oh, this also implies you’ve got your bms for this already…

u still want your bms or no? i’m good either way.

Different build. This is a 10s, 6365 200kv

i see. well it’s sweet as hell, customer build?

Maybe, I may keep it. At any rate, I built it for performance day

5 Likes

That build is sick! Can’t wait to see what some of these boards are able to do!

2 Likes

Mwaaa mwa mwahahaaahaaa!

15 Likes

I see 2 contenders for fastest board of the day. What will the mph/kph be? :sunglasses:

Looking at around a 30mph top speed, but I think this board is going to shine with acceleration. It scared the hell out of @mccloed and put Carvon Jerry into deep thought for awhile. Oh! And it ever so slightly planted @ChrisChaput on his ass (And that was with the pneumatics on it.) This is a twitchy beast. I can’t wait to get feedback from more test pilots :astonished:

8 Likes

Geared at 38mph for the 50m. And geared ??? For top speed. Great looking ride @psychotiller. Glad to hear it pulls. Gonna make for a good race.

4 Likes

Sounds like the 50m is going to be a hell of a race. Imagine that we can do multiple runs for the best time from each board. Anyone have whiteboard that we can use to track the best times for each?

I am betting on MoeStooge for the top speed. I think the limiting factor will be at what speed can he still hold on? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Super glue…

1 Like

Sounds like you are geared to hit my top speed in the 50m :fearful:

1 Like

How’s the flexibility on the enclosure? It looks like it slightly flexes forms to the board. I’ve been looking for an enclosure for my moderately flexy board and that one looks like it may work.

We recommend stiff decks. A little flexy it’s OK, but not too much. If your board is sold as flexy, it’s too much

2 Likes

I’ll be interested to see how your setup handles the balance of turning versus stability to prevent wobbles at speed. Really interesting approaches for your board.

1 Like

I could be wrong but I think with a course that consists of a speed run or 2 to 4 x similar radius corners, say a figure 8 or a oval, the limitations to the Stooges setup will not be exposed because he will dial in gearing/ handling to suit. In fact the potential is there to dial in the handling for a specific radius or distance for example, this is what they do in dirt track… But hey what do I know, i’d like to see a eSk8 race in a velodrome. I’m not saying the Stooge will win, but neither will he be embarrassed, his approach while different is not novel. Depending on the trial it may suit best? and by having a specific setup it could be best or worst… and with that thought the Stooge is the only one I’ve heard mention they are doing shakedown runs to get set up for Sunday. What I would put money on is Moe is a racer and over the day he will tune and adapt to find speed cause going fast is fun!

1 Like

I agree. That setup can be customized to suit the situation. Which when you think about racing…that’s ideal. I’ve never seen anything like it so very interested to learn.

Posted about performance day on Reddit and someone brought up ciclavia taking place that day. They shut down certain streets in LA to car traffic and allow walkers and bikers (assuming eakate is allowed too) to use them instead. It’s happening Sunday from 9-4 and runs from San Pedro to Wilmington. Don’t think it will impact us, but might be an option for those that want a cruise after the days events.

http://www.ciclavia.org/events

1 Like