So Cal Performance Day

Somebody needs to take the reigns. Got some promoter advice. 1 Make it about building the novice and box stock classes. If you have the board counts in the lower classes the elite class happens on its own. 2 Keep your rule book razor thin. Thick rule books ruin board counts. 3 make your word law. Racers are whiny bitches if you let them think they can sway your rule. Be clear how your show is going to run. Draw the line in the Sand. Listen to the Racers but don’t change the line during an event. Don’t be afraid to say “if you don’t like the way things are run, go run somewhere else.” If your consistent with people they will know what to expect and they will respect what your about even if they don’t agree with you. 4 as a promoter you have to be an island. Removing yourself from groups and clicks will keep Racers from having a bias perspective of your business. Good luck👍

1 Like

man, i really want to go!! sadly my work wont adjust the schedule for me!! im only 3 hours away 2 FML… feels bad bros

didn’t see this mentioned yet.

4 Likes

I’m sure we will do another one if this goes well. Maybe someone will pick your shift up at the last minute. [quote=“Idle, post:45, topic:29543”] didn’t see this mentioned yet. [/quote]

Good call. Helmets are REQUIRED. No official runs unless your melon is protected.

5 Likes

Im stoked about this. @onloop, any chance Moja and crew can come back to socal and join us next weekend? It might be a good oppurtunity to to get some more people onto your raptor2 and see how the raptor2 acceleration compares to other high powered boards.

4 Likes

I am interested in watching the races, time permitting.

I won’t have a fast board until my Raptor 2 and Carvon EVO arrive.

I have a couple of radar guns, a Gopro Hero5 Session and a battery powered leaf blower I could bring.

5 Likes

Run whatcha brung. Yeah we’re shit talking about whos board does what. More importantly it’s about getting people like you on your Box Stock boards making runs. The not so fast make up the majority and the numbers are more important than the speed we make. All we gotta do is find another Box Stock guy and your racing. I hope 10 Box Stockers like you show up and run.

2 Likes

I agree. RIght now I have a Boosted D+ v1 that I will be running to see what I can put up with a stock board. I am also waiting on the R2 to arrive…so another excuse to do some runs on another weekend in the future. Having some extra hands with cameras will be a big help! Don’t stress about the type of board. Getting some practice will help and we will be establishing metrics for a bunch of these stock boards.

Ill also be bringing my evolve GT. Its pretty much a stock board except for the 107mm superflys on it.

My buddys are also bringing boosted V2 boards and an Onan X2.

1 Like

I think Jason is on his way to China…or at least that was the plan on his last update. And Moja is in Portland for the 13th. Don’t think we will have a Raptor 2 at this event…but there’s always next time.

1 Like

Id be down but Torrance is so far! Im pretty sure i have the torque-y-est board. 12s, 149kv, 70mm wheels, 15 inch board, this thing can climb trees!

1 Like

I’d give my car to whoever dares to take this thing to top speed! Sadly the 13th is gonna be my last day of work before a 2 week trip to Barcelona and London! Im excited to see the outcome of this!

10 Likes

Gotta love the Stooge (@MoeStooge) style! Do it dude (@itsmikeholland), if I wasn’t on the other side of the planet i’d be there, even if it was just to watch… and listen to the shit talk…

Hey guys. Yeah I’m in China now. Got a few factories to visit tomorrow then planning to build 50-100 Raptors by end of week. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly, praying for no problems…

@Hummie @Jinra saw you guys on one of Moja vids in sanfran demo event… looked like a great day, bit disappointed I can’t be there. So now you guys have a taste of the raptor 2 performance. So what do ya think?

3 Likes

@itsmikeholland You would win the torque vs wheelbase for sure. Good luck in your travels. Do you have a name for your board. If not we need give it a name before you leave the states. :+1:

Hey Jason,

The Raptor 2 is really great stuff. I loved the great initial torque and the super organized internals. extra wide thane have me confidence to negotiate turns without fear of slippage.

The hubs are very powerful as you say, though the ride is noticeably more bumpy than my 75a abecs. Though this is to be expected.

It’s unfortunate the remote still has to be calibrated every time you turn it on. Not a major deal, but a bit out of place considering the refinement of the product.

Another thing that threw me off (except the raptor) was that the power “button” wasn’t really a button at all, but a flip switch. It was a bit misleading as i was trying to press where it was already switched to and it totally looks like a button given the waterproof cover.

Acceleration wise it definitely beat all the contenders out there including myself. I only wish there was a dual 6374 setup in low kv to go head to head. Unfortunately my motors was too high of a kv to keep up. Still glad I was able to hold my own in the speed department though.

Lastly, Moja and co went out for a night ride in SF, but unfortunately the fet or something on the switch blew on the pre production raptor 2, leaving it in always on position. He had to take off the enclosure lid and restart the receiver. He assured me this was fixed on the post production model however.

1 Like

The post production board was nice and quiet. Torque was great. Top speed was maybe 26 it seemed but didn’t test. For me the board felt higher and more unstable than I like. I heard there were 3 crashes throughout the day.

wish I had the new MOTors so as to have a hub to compare against.

1 Like

For Sunday, we should have enough cones and people to set up a practice area and a separate spot for the official runs. I’m thinking we should do the top speed run and 50m acceleration tests first so that we have full battery charges for those. Then do the figure 8 time attack last. What does everyone else think?

Also, how do people feel about pushes on the 50m race. Personally, I don’t think a push or two will make a difference, but some people have felt like a push is an advantage. Thoughts?

1 Like

I dont think everyone has sensored motors so a push would be required for some.

My setup is sensored though, so either way is fine with me. Between my brother and I we have 100 cones so I think we are good no matter what we wanna do haha. Should we consider a course with a few turns since we have lots of cones? A figure 8 doesnt sound as fun but it would be easier to replicate for future events if we wanted to compare performance. Thoughts?

Ohh and a 100m drag would be great too since we have Raptor2 performace number to compare for the 100m from Moja’s drag video.

I think doing the top speed run 1st is a good idea as well since our speed drops proportionally with voltage.

lol 100 cones… could do an autocross event.

1 Like