So Cal Performance Day

What I am interested in is testing the performance of what really matters. How fun is it to ride and how long does the ride last.

My boards are way too easy to reconfigure for a drag race, everyone will say I cheated because I switched my drive pulleys for each event! Maybe if I do it fast enough nobody will notice?

2 Likes

I should be able to attend. Probably wonā€™t race unless we have an AT track. I canā€™t believe that all this talk of racing and no one has brought up an off road race. Anyway, whereā€™s @Titoxd10001 at?

3 Likes

You should consider doing a range race or a distance per time race.

1 Like

I called this out in the initial post when I talked about the stock class. Pulleys and wheel changes are fine. Iā€™m also open to talking about what we set as ā€œrules.ā€

As I think about the programming piece, that will be tough to monitor so I am thinking we need to allow programming changes as well. Others agree?

Exactly

Definitely want to do this but thought we would start small on the first event.

1 Like

you guys are all so ultra competitive.

iā€™m pretty sure iā€™ll win call categories :wink: but really just want to check out otherā€™s builds and see what i can copy into mineā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably go to this. Moe stoogeā€™s board with tiny motors is no joke. Already going faster than Iā€™m willing to go lol. Would be fun trying out other peopleā€™s boards though.

2 Likes

It definatley makes for better event hype and motivation for peeps to work on their boards, so Im all for it! Cheers to @MoeStooge for pumping us all up with his call outs lol.

3 Likes

Added to the list. If we start with a small event like this, hopefully it will lead to other stuff like an off road race or something.

Added

3 Likes

I think a supermotard style race would be a awesome spectacle. A sealed section and a dirt section with at least one jump :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

The performance day is about taking your board, production or custom, and testing your skills and performance. I would encourage anyone at any level to come participate in this historic event. A great opportunity to put tools in the tool boxšŸ

1 Like

Anyone figured out a location yet? I think Long Beach is probably a good middle ground.

@BigBoyToys had suggested a spot. I think it was near the Torrance airport?

Heres a pindrop. Its a large parking lots thats typically empty on the weekends. Karting, goped and minibike groups have used this lot for years without problems.

near 23600-23840 Madison St, Torrance, CA 90505

https://goo.gl/maps/uwxWFXtVEh42

2 Likes

Theres also a few other good options near by if we were to get hassled. Wilson park has a huge parking lot garanteed to be empty on a Sunday. Its about 3 miles away from the airport lot.

near Old Town Torrance, Torrance, CA 90501

https://goo.gl/maps/CAkABEgDzJs

Hmmā€¦Not really in between, but itā€™ll work.

Well we have people coming from further north like SF valley. I think @MoeStooge is near Magic Mountain so seemed middā€™lish considering that.

1 Like

HaHa! If you zoom in on that spot on google maps, there are donuts all over that parking lot!

2 Likes

Exactly! Hahaha

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy my Secret location could be of assistance!! Should be a really fun Area. Iā€™ve been going there for 10+ years no problems. Iā€™ll see if I can get down there this week and double check the conditions / road surface. Location Is a parking lot on the backside of the airport. I look forward to seeing you all and the turn out of this gathering. So I can have a better understanding of the needs and wants of the Esk8 Community, riders & people attending a ESk8 event. FYI I am currently in the works with putting a full scale esk8 event together at a legitimate venue this year in Southern California including : vendors, Booths, demos, music, food & Esk8 activity . I Just met with the venue today to Walk the grounds & work some details out Including Venue cost, event Insurance, event Date etc. And O Boy does it sure look promising. I also invited some people to the August 13ths SoCal performance Day on my newly created IG page @EliteEboards so pls expect guests

6 Likes

Cool. I will bring a big ass broom so we can sweep the area when we get there that day. More people is a good thing!