Small but powerful: MINI FOC is on sale

https://forum./t/super-mini-maker-x-esc-vesc-compatible/1467

3 Likes

What makes these superior to the flipsky 6.6 single for $20 more and 2x the amp output?

I am not criticizing, its just good to know all the facts.

I think the main one is itā€™s super tiny - great for compact builds, or maybe a small or medium sized 4wd where four regular or two dual ESCs would take up a significant volume of the enclosure.

4 Likes

More information is on the new builder forum

https://forum./t/super-mini-maker-x-esc-vesc-compatible/1467

2 Likes

Iā€™m sort of with you a bit regarding this thing. Why do we choose the 6 variant over the 4? Most of the time its reliability when drawing more amps. This has no advantage over a cheap 4.12 other than its size which is super tiny btw but I would rather factor the size into my build than compromise performance. That said it would be a good alternative for an upgrade from 2wd to 4wd when space is already at a premium and your amp draw is divided by 4. Thats about the only real advantage I can see over other much cheaper options. Much cheaper tested options.

3 Likes

thats very well put. personally, i would use the flipsky dual 4.20 for a 4wd if it didnā€™t come with the antispark built in. its annoying to bypass and add more stuff. it works greats in 10s foc and can do 40a continuous no problem.

only time will tell if these are a real flipsky killer. I hope it turns out to be true. I love seeing small companies take a crack at a new layout vesc. After-all, competition benefits the consumer.

2 Likes

I think we can all get a bit tunnel visioned when comparing new or indeed existing componentry. I use x sized battery and draw x amount of amps so that thing is shit etc etc. Er no its just not suitable for you dude. We base things on how we build disregarding the multitudes of people who do it differently. I hope it is as good as they say and while Iā€™m waiting on the verdict I will be doing my best to kill the anti-spark switches they sent me. (paid for)

2 Likes

Lets hope they are good. I am looking for a new antispark for a street build im working on.

2 Likes

All my anti sparks so far have died on 10s so thats what i will be hooking it up to first. Iā€™m going to run it at nearly max amps on a 30q with 80 motor. Then I will play with my 12s builds. We should really continue this convo over on the fun side. Youā€™re over there right?

3 Likes

yes sir i am. i hope none of our friends see us hereā€¦

3 Likes

That little switch is a lovely design but it doesnā€™t have a traditional pre charge resistor so not sure how its going to go yet but one thing is most people prefer xt90 connectors so maybe think about supplying it as such. I will give you feedback once its all running. Be nice to incorporate the splitter into the design too. Double connector on the outlet side would save some wiring for sure.

3 Likes

5aa7f11bfb9ad924c31b5dc1c7237f374a5ad0ac

1 Like

20190826_233057

1 Like

From now to Black Friday

MakerX Dual drive V4---------20% off ! Only $96 MakerX MINI FOC---------------10% off ! Only $90 MakerX MINI FOC PLUS-----18% off ! Only $98 Official VESC4--------------------10% off ! Only $67.5

Free shipping all the timeļ¼

WWW.EBMAKERS.COM